• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the love of silver
4 4

2,203 posts in this topic

On 9/26/2021 at 4:56 AM, Quintus Arrius said:

And if I may be so bold as to ask, what is or are the authoritative sources upon which you so cavalierly apply in support of your belief?

Forget True-blue-view,  Heritage, and Great Collections?

What about "our own" tried and true @Buffalo Head or does he not qualify for a mention?  If I had my druthers, he'd be the man for the job.  (It's not even dawnin' in the mawnin' and I'm spoilin' for a fight!.  Hope y'all have your spurs handy?)😉 

What @Buffalo Headdoes is true art. So is what I used to do in photographing beautiful women. But trust me, what their significant other saw at home was not like what I put on film.

On 9/26/2021 at 10:26 AM, Quintus Arrius said:

That's where I'm going to go.  There might be an MS-68 Rooster or two lying around.  Ya never now.

Word to @tigerbait...

I believe all PROOFS pretty much look alike but it's the date of the coin you seek that is really important. IMHO.

I don't believe all Proofs look anything alike.  Not even close, but that is just MY opinion.  :-)

On 9/26/2021 at 2:27 PM, VKurtB said:

What @Buffalo Headdoes is true art. So is what I used to do in photographing beautiful women. But trust me, what their significant other saw at home was not like what I put on film.

just as long as u didnt over inflate the grade......n im sure there was no over exposure in ur photography....

On 9/26/2021 at 5:20 PM, zadok said:

just as long as u didnt over inflate the grade......n im sure there was no over exposure in ur photography....

Only of a certain type. 

On 9/26/2021 at 5:11 PM, tigerbait said:

I don't believe all Proofs look anything alike.  Not even close, but that is just MY opinion.  :-)

Unfortunately, you're right. That is why I believe TPGS now grade them.

On 9/26/2021 at 10:11 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Unfortunately, you're right. That is why I believe TPGS now grade them.

Well, I've collected coins since I was a child but really only got reintroduced since I retired a few years ago.  Did TPGS not grade proof coins in the beginning?  Curious.

On 10/5/2021 at 10:46 AM, Coinbuf said:

Still in the GSA holder ungraded.   The nasty hit on the chin is rather distracting but the color is nice.

1884sdobv.jpg

1884sdrev.jpg

Nice; I like the GSA dollars; pretty coins (though not cheap) with an interesting story behind them (and I'm old enough to remember all that happening).

On 10/5/2021 at 1:46 PM, Coinbuf said:

Still in the GSA holder ungraded.   The nasty hit on the chin is rather distracting but the color is nice.

1884sdobv.jpg

1884sdrev.jpg

1. The chin strike (obv) and the inter-bite mark (rev) do little to diminish that quality mint-mark. (And if @VKurtB is busy elsewhere, I love the transitory toning!)  ^^