• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the love of silver
4 4

2,203 posts in this topic

On 9/26/2021 at 6:48 PM, VKurtB said:

Only of a certain type. 

Exposure to exposure can be overexposure, depending on age.  I do not know the first thing about photography, but my gut feeling is we're not talking about Vogue.  🐓 

On 10/5/2021 at 5:48 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Exposure to exposure can be overexposure, depending on age.  I do not know the first thing about photography, but my gut feeling is we're not talking about Vogue.  🐓 

I was younger then, and having a photo studio was a big deal to some. 

On 10/5/2021 at 7:32 PM, Coinbuf said:

@Woods020, do you know the story behind the Dominick/Joshua label?

Very little. I did a little research and saw a little about both of them. Dominick I saw auction records for his merc set and it made me drool. Once I get my type set completed, at the current rate in 5 years, I’m getting back to my merc set. I’ve got a decent start with some top pops but a long ways to go. I would love to hear more about them. 

On 10/5/2021 at 7:41 PM, Woods020 said:

My favorite merc I currently own. I have to bite the bullet and get his big brother from Denver at some point. I may have a kidney and a few various other organs for sale at some point to afford it if anyone is in the market for some used organs. 

1E59C165-1CB8-406E-98E1-9FABB6F9C7D7.jpeg

0CA130D5-11B4-4B29-B786-79730E5242D6.jpeg

That’s tasty right there. Nice 👍 

@Woods020  Much as I hate to admit it, your first year of Issue Mercury has a lot more detail than the Centennial "business strike" I got rendered in gold. Great acquisition!  👍 

On 10/5/2021 at 5:37 PM, Woods020 said:

Very little. I did a little research and saw a little about both of them. Dominick I saw auction records for his merc set and it made me drool. Once I get my type set completed, at the current rate in 5 years, I’m getting back to my merc set. I’ve got a decent start with some top pops but a long ways to go. I would love to hear more about them. 

I know I have heard the name before but do not recall anything specific about it, an interesting mystery.

On 10/5/2021 at 7:41 PM, Woods020 said:

My favorite merc I currently own. I have to bite the bullet and get his big brother from Denver at some point. I may have a kidney and a few various other organs for sale at some point to afford it if anyone is in the market for some used organs. 

1E59C165-1CB8-406E-98E1-9FABB6F9C7D7.jpeg

0CA130D5-11B4-4B29-B786-79730E5242D6.jpeg

Very, very nice!

On 10/6/2021 at 7:22 PM, tigerbait said:

Another Mercury.  Not as nice as the ones above, for sure.

44d-merc.jpg

44d-rev-merc.jpg

All mercs are beauties in my book. This is interesting toning for these. For some reason mercs seem to tone fairly predictably and usually not attractive.