• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the love of silver
4 4

2,200 posts in this topic

On 8/19/2021 at 4:21 PM, Mr_Spud said:

@numisport said “That's a very conservative grade do ya think ?”

I like coins better when they look nicer than their grade. I got that one to go along with this AU58 half that was already one of my favorite silver coins 🌞

A47C03A8-3935-4C0D-8A83-7382752508BC.jpeg

E0D4D939-B904-41CA-8E4D-E8496D8F77EB.jpeg

AU-58?  I defy anyone to show me exactly where the touch of wear is on this incredibly beautiful old gem -- with no discernible signs of mischief on its pristine surfaces!  🤔

On 8/19/2021 at 4:21 PM, Mr_Spud said:

@numisport said “That's a very conservative grade do ya think ?”

I like coins better when they look nicer than their grade. I got that one to go along with this AU58 half that was already one of my favorite silver coins 🌞

A47C03A8-3935-4C0D-8A83-7382752508BC.jpeg

E0D4D939-B904-41CA-8E4D-E8496D8F77EB.jpeg

AU-58?  I defy anyone to show me exactly where the touch of wear is on this incredibly beautiful old gem -- with no discernible signs of mischief on its pristine surfaces!  🤔

On 8/19/2021 at 4:42 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

right thigh, right breast, gown clasp, bottom curl, right wrist, left ankle, edge boulder, curl above ear....just enuf to take out of mint state....but id buy it as an au58......

I never knew numismatists were allowed to look at women like that!  And that's a Boulder she was sitting on! If anything, I can definitely see where citing these areas would militate in a buyer's favor in determining a proper grade and negotiating a fair [market value] price. You've done very well, Mr. Spud!

On 8/19/2021 at 7:21 PM, RWB said:

Thanks! Got it from one of the mints when my father was treasurer for one of the heirs of Alexander's empire (and his famous Ragtime Band).

Not the auctioneer that handled the estate sale? Or the estate lawyer? I stand amazed.