• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the love of silver
4 4

2,204 posts in this topic

On 11/1/2021 at 12:56 AM, GBrad said:

@Mohawk  and @Quintus Arrius..... In the respectful effort to help you get your fill of a genuine O Mint Mark (which I TOO had rather see the real deal than a privy....), I decided to post my 1883-O Morgan.  And @MorganMan, your 1883-O is gorgeous!!!  I am fairly new to Morgans for the most part but I adore them and I am still learning about them.  By the way...... if anyone has an 1883-S Morgan they just hate, despise and want to throw away because they are tired of it lingering around...... PLEASE just PM me and I will send you my address. Heck, I will even pay for postage. xD

IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

Sure you want to play ball ? A mint state '83-S is an expensive coin. I used to own a nice AU 55 coin that was decent though.

On 11/1/2021 at 2:48 PM, numisport said:

Sure you want to play ball ? A mint state '83-S is an expensive coin. I used to own a nice AU 55 coin that was decent though.

Hello @numisport.  You are absolutely 100% correct on that one hence my joke about if anyone wanted to just get rid of one then they could send it to me..... lol.  Anything MS is way outside of my budget.  I'm just patiently looking around for an 83-S AU example that my wallet can support.  It would finish out my year set for this Morgan.  I know it's a small "set" in the grand scheme of things, but to me it is important and would be the first Silver set (even just being a year set) I would have ever assembled.    

@GBrad:  Your new cell photo of the '83-O is just fine and as good as it gets with encapsulated coins and well-positioned lighting.

Now,... hate, despise, throwaway... 🤔  I am afraid that decision was made for me when my (our) then new landlord chose to disregard the law on succession rights, and one day a petite lady with a gun and shield from the NYC Sheriff's Office showed up, my brother and I wound up in a shelter and everything of value accumulated over half a century was placed in storage. Unfortunately, he died intestate and  denied access to my property stored with his, and a space to put it all in, I was effectively neutered. End of story.

My goal now is to devote myself to my wife's needs, and if destiny decrees, get @GoldFinger1969 an '08-S Bresson?, you an '83-S, MS, Morgan, @RWBsuitable working capital and that guy up in Rhode Island a suitable hook to draw customers in to examine his goods. Maybe my "Axis of Evil" currency (the Board here declines to display) just to spice things up. Or those two centennial Morgans I never should have ordered that will presumably arrive before the year is out. 🐓  

On 11/2/2021 at 8:32 AM, Quintus Arrius said:

@GBrad:  Your new cell photo of the '83-O is just fine and as good as it gets with encapsulated coins and well-positioned lighting.

Now,... hate, despise, throwaway... 🤔  I am afraid that decision was made for me when my (our) then new landlord chose to disregard the law on succession rights, and one day a petite lady with a gun and shield from the NYC Sheriff's Office showed up, my brother and I wound up in a shelter and everything of value accumulated over half a century was placed in storage. Unfortunately, he died intestate and  denied access to my property stored with his, and a space to put it all in, I was effectively neutered. End of story.

My goal now is to devote myself to my wife's needs, and if destiny decrees, get @GoldFinger1969 an '08-S Bresson?, you an '83-S, MS, Morgan, @RWBsuitable working capital and that guy up in Rhode Island a suitable hook to draw customers in to examine his goods. Maybe my "Axis of Evil" currency (the Board here declines to display) just to spice things up. Or those two centennial Morgans I never should have ordered that will presumably arrive before the year is out. 🐓  

...what bout the hovel to put my goats n camels in?....

On 11/2/2021 at 12:39 PM, zadok said:

...what bout the hovel to put my goats n camels in?....

[Only if you explain why a shovel is pronounced like hovel, but not like novel.]

On 11/2/2021 at 3:24 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

[Only if you explain why a shovel is pronounced like hovel, but not like novel.]

...because there is a novella n not a shovella Virginia.....however there is still a Santa Claus.....

On 11/2/2021 at 8:53 PM, zadok said:

...because there is a novella n not a shovella Virginia.....however there is still a Santa Claus.....

Touche!

@MorganMan

Interesting piece.

The FBL put you in the running 🏃‍♂️ 🏃‍♂️ 🏃‍♀️  but that die break in the bell 🔔 cost you a few points. . .

Just kidding!  Great find! 👍   🐓 

@Mohawk  Now this is what I'm talking about! It's impossible to recall every artistic touch in a single glance. There is so much going on here. Just what I need when @Alex in PA.shows up with one of his growling dogs. (I would comment further, but I've got a chaperone on either side of me and D peering over my shoulder.) Very exotic exonumia.  🐓 

On 11/3/2021 at 10:36 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

@Mohawk  Now this is what I'm talking about! It's impossible to recall every artistic touch in a single glance. There is so much going on here. Just what I need when @Alex in PA.shows up with one of his growling dogs. (I would comment further, but I've got a chaperone on either side of me and D peering over my shoulder.) Very exotic exonumia.  🐓 

Thank you so much for the kind words on Sekhmet, Quintus!! She's a fierce one.....I can't wait until she shows up.  Hmmm.....NGC will grade these rounds.....maybe it's time for me to get back on the Registry thing just to share them and some fun Ancient Egypt facts hm

On 11/3/2021 at 10:04 PM, Mohawk said:

I just nabbed the antique finish Sekhmet for my exonumia project.  Quite the fierce war goddess.  You don't want to mess with Sekhmet:

2 oz ANTIQUE Sekhmet  Silver Egyptian Gods Series #6 High Relief W/Air-tire cap

Very cool and interesting coin. I really like it alot. Would love to own one someday.