• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the love of silver
4 4

2,213 posts in this topic

On 12/31/2021 at 6:08 PM, R__Rash said:

Wasn’t there just a three day discussion on the term specimen? 🤔 lol

I agree the coin is very nice…..

There was a spontaneous declaration by a member, firmly expressing his dislike of the term "specimen," without further elaboration.  I had no opinion about the term because it appeared to mean different things to different people at different times and places.  I realize now, in light of varying members' enlightening remarks, that the term was being used imprecisely as a marketing descriptor  To the non-collector, it's use by a numismatist evokes "something special and rare." 🤔 

@Woods020

I have a confession to make: the posting of your coin has inadvertently brought to my attention a character flaw which  virtually assures I would be unsuitable as a grader... There are a number of factors graders automatically take into consideration, but I do something apparently no one else does. Lady Justice ⚖️ is blindfolded as she well ought to be. I am biased, prejudiced and not at all open-minded. Proof?  At some point, subconsciously, I must know who posted a coin before I can formulate an opinion! I know it is shameful to admit to shortcomings, but it's the truth. It is quite possible I love your coin, but for all the wrong reasons. 😉 

On 1/7/2022 at 8:28 PM, R__Rash said:

All my rowdy friends showed up tonight! 

IMG_2059.jpg

If these were my friends, I would advise the oldest in the grouping to occupy dead center and each of the other five to be arranged clockwise aligned vertically, next older first, and ending with the latest year of Issue in the 10 to 11 position. In NYC, this would be characterized, at the least, as disorderly conduct, at least, or conspiracy to commit a misdmeanor, which some may be a felony, at worst. I love Walkers and the fact Weinman's design was chosen over all others to represent American bullion dollars speaks volumes. Drinks on the house!  :whistle:  🐓  [Like]

Edited by Quintus Arrius
Die polishing

On 1/7/2022 at 8:23 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

If these were my friends, I would advise the oldest in the grouping to occupy dead center and each of the other five to be arranged clockwise aligned vertically, next older first, and ending with the latest year of Issue in the 10 to 11 position. In NYC, this would be characterized, at the least, as disorderly conduct, at least, or conspiracy to commit a misdmeanor, which some may be a felony, at worst. I love Walkers and the fact Weinman's design was chosen over all others to represent American bullion dollars speaks volumes. Drinks on the house!  :whistle:  🐓  [Like]

If I can get the attention of theses rowdies,  and reorganize this one time independent event,  I will try to dive into their personal existence and see if there is a semblance of structure based on the art form they represent to avoid criminal action…Cheers! Salute! Skole!  (Volumes)

On 1/7/2022 at 11:49 PM, R__Rash said:

I gave it my best, but it turned into a Woodstock kind of thing, go figure?

IMG_2086.jpg

We went from mere rowdies to an insurrectionist V-shaped tactical mob!