• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the love of silver
4 4

2,213 posts in this topic

@R_Rash:  This is a tough one. You have to know where to look, and I don't.  First '26-S I believe I have ever seen. My only comment is a question: why is the eagle crying?   😢  (With a crisper, cleaner image, I'd be willing to try, but the veil or film prevents me from doing so.)  🐓 

Oh geez.....another U.S. guess the grade.....do I even want to wade in?  Ah, what the hell.  If I blow it, I blow it.  I'm going with XF Details-Cleaned.

On 1/13/2022 at 5:14 PM, R__Rash said:

Sorry, I wish I were better set up for photos. Same coin, different light source. 

IMG_2092.jpg

IMG_2090.jpg

It's okay R_Rash....photos can be difficult and even more so if you don't have a good setup and/or good lighting.  I stand by my earlier vote of XF Details-Cleaned.  It could be the photos, but the color of the coin just looks off to me, to explain the Details guess.

Edited by Mohawk

On 1/13/2022 at 3:17 PM, Mohawk said:

And here's the other part of my latest pickup.  This is also a circulation strike:

Image 1 - GERMANY (WEST) 1966-F 5 Mark #WC78997

Thanks to you I have my first bids in on some German and Canadian coins.  Auction ends Saturday..👍 

On 1/13/2022 at 5:25 PM, R__Rash said:

Thanks to you I have my first bids in on some German and Canadian coins.  Auction ends Saturday..👍 

That's so awesome that you may be catching the German/Canadian bug!!! I think you'll be happy to add these two countries' coins to your collection.  They both have beautiful designs and great collectability.  While the Canadian and German collecting communities aren't as large as the U.S. collecting community, they're definitely not small, obscure markets either.  Best of luck on your auctions and when you win (I always like to think positive!), please make sure to share your new coins with us.  I, for one, would love to see them!

On 1/13/2022 at 12:45 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

@R_Rash:  This is a tough one. You have to know where to look, and I don't.  First '26-S I believe I have ever seen. My only comment is a question: why is the eagle crying?   😢  (With a crisper, cleaner image, I'd be willing to try, but the veil or film prevents me from doing so.)  🐓 

Not certain of the “snood” type look on the beak. ( for a lack of better words)

On 1/13/2022 at 3:28 PM, Mohawk said:

That's so awesome that you may be catching the German/Canadian bug!!! I think you'll be happy to add these two countries' coins to your collection.  They both have beautiful designs and great collectability.  While the Canadian and German collecting communities aren't as large as the U.S. collecting community, they're definitely not small, obscure markets either.  Best of luck on your auctions and when you win (I always like to think positive!), please make sure to share your new coins with us.  I, for one, would love to see them!

My grandmother and her family came from the east side.

On 1/13/2022 at 5:34 PM, R__Rash said:

My grandmother and her family came from the east side.

My grandparents, too, actually.  My maternal grandparents came from East Germany in 1948.  

On 1/12/2022 at 9:26 PM, rrantique said:

7668.thumb.gif.7577e61666ac4f4ec98099ea9da19ce9.gif

icg.jpg

icg64.jpg

I had a laugh today, I showed my wife these Morgans as she was walking by and she said “Nice, you should get you some of those pretty holders with the nice writing on them”.  I Always love a second opinion from the Mrs. (@ Q.A.) 👍

On 1/18/2022 at 9:10 PM, Lem E said:

If there was a D on that coin you would have to take out a 2nd mortgage to pay for it. Great looking coin as usual brother.

Man, is THAT the truth!!!

On 1/18/2022 at 8:24 PM, Coinbuf said:

Cannot recall if I posted this one here or not, so I'll post it anyway.   Bought this originally in an ACG MS64 holder I really thought it would upgrade when I crossed it, I still think its nicer than MS64.

1934Dqdcomp.jpg

Good looking coin for a 64. Doesn’t seem like they cut those early Washingtons any slack. 

On 1/18/2022 at 9:34 PM, Woods020 said:

The 65 or better FB 1916-D is on my next splurge list. It’s coming one day. Unfortunately not today 😂

I love it!! I love a great, bold goal!! I know you'll get there, Woods!! 

On 1/18/2022 at 7:49 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

D mint would put that one over the top - but... That is a very attractive coin IMO.  Nice!

Much appreciated. That was one of the first coins I bought when I started collecting. It’s 67+. If it was 16-D it would be one hell of a coin