• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the love of silver
4 4

2,213 posts in this topic

On 1/18/2022 at 7:45 PM, Woods020 said:

I actually like this coin better than that merc even though I have a real passion for the mercs. This is one of, if not my favorite coin I currently own. And it’s not the most expensive by a long shot. But it “speaks” to me haha. 

13EB1D10-BE95-46DD-9734-1285D7B017D7.jpeg

Beautiful, can I make this my avatar?

On 1/21/2022 at 4:44 PM, tj96 said:

Sorry to barge in on your thread Mohawk. Saw this and thought of you.  You need a new avatar!  xD

S20220191_001.jpg

S20220421_001.jpg

I'm not that kind of Mohawk, tj.  I'm a Gremlins fan Mohawk.  And I have to say that my avatar will never be a U.S. coin of any type.  It'd make no sense as I do not collect U.S. coins at all and haven't for well over 10 years.  And even when I did try it on, I only stuck with it for maybe 1 or 2 years.  Something like that.  I don't remember.  I just remember that U.S. coins didn't hold my interest (unless they have a good bird depiction....then they're a bird coin and that does hold my interest).  I'm not doing my job well....when you look at a German or Canadian coin and think of me, then we'll be in the correct range :wink:

But I will add this.....this joke was much more in tune with the kind of humor we tend to appreciate around here than the getting replies and feedback one you posted with that woman's photo.  This one was actually pretty good :)

Edited by Mohawk

That's a very nice Berlin Mint 50 pfennig!  Thanks for sharing that one!

Edited by Mohawk

On 1/25/2022 at 8:43 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

You have a great eye for coins.  I will be interested to see what you have for sale (thumbsu

I’ve got some neat stuff. I’ve been working at this for a while with the goal of trying my hand at dealing. I have no illusions of being a full time dealer or striking it rich. I just enjoy getting to handle a lot of coins and squirreling one away occasionally 

On 1/26/2022 at 6:25 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

1319015389_IMG_0203InSlabObv.JPG.182159990ac82c521a90da4811decded.JPG

1905030729_IMG_0221InSlabRev.JPG.9bbb07e40d52177e3024e9feda73ef68.JPG

Very nice, Mike!! I love those silver Italian 500 Lire....absolutely gorgeous coins.  I also love it when some non-US stuff shows up here.....it makes things more interesting.  Variety is the spice of life!!

On 1/18/2022 at 4:32 PM, R__Rash said:

Part of todays catch, she’ll keep ole Ben and John company.

IMG_2181.jpg

IMG_2160.jpg

Very nice pickup, R_Rash.  It never ceases to amaze me how good silver Canadian and British coins look even after they've circulated for a while.  They really hold up well!  Thanks for sharing those!!