• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the love of silver
4 4

2,226 posts in this topic

On 4/28/2022 at 4:28 PM, jimbo27 said:

Delivered in the mail today, great buy on ebay, only $12.50 w/shipping. Photos are sellers, looks about ms64 in raw.

s-l1600 (47).jpg

s-l1600 (48).jpg

Pretty nice, from what we can see here. 

On 4/28/2022 at 6:49 PM, jimbo27 said:

sorry, photos from new phone, do not know what I am doing yet

Not bad pics at all! Which phone?

On 5/26/2022 at 2:53 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

Found this lovely today. And bonus, fills a hole in my "circulation finds" Warman. Granted, it's a "nothingburger", but when i can fills a hole, it feel good to get to pluggin'. If you know what i mean. :bigsmile:

20220526_090934.thumb.jpg.61a28ad2d17f6f9a0d2b9a5ef81bb2b2.jpg20220526_090928.thumb.jpg.2bca7847d7445f198a25ae748f02d4e2.jpg

A few lacerations here and there but nothing a little more wear and tear can't fix. Hint: the date is key 🔑 !  Don't over do it and, when you feel it's ready for its closeup, submit it for certification. You think I'm joshin' you? The difference between bupkis and the Holy Grail (Poor-1) is something exceedingly rare, or melt.  🤔 

On 5/26/2022 at 5:27 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

A few lacerations here and there but nothing a little more wear and tear can't fix. Hint: the date is key 🔑 !  Don't over do it and, when you feel it's ready for its closeup, submit it for certification. You think I'm joshin' you? The difference between bupkis and the Holy Grail (Poor-1) is something exceedingly rare, or melt.  🤔 

Hey @VKurtB, can you please explain what a "nothingburger" is to the new guy? lol

On 5/26/2022 at 7:08 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

Hey @VKurtB, can you please explain what a "nothingburger" is to the new guy? lol

Sure, this is not a great coin in this condition. I bid on a MS 1936-D quarter (yours is a Philly) yesterday that ended up closing at $450. That’s what gets me interested. This beat to death ‘36(P) is barely worth bullion. $4. 

Edited by VKurtB

I like the reference to "new guy."  Tongue-in-cheek, what else is this coin good for? A PO-1 is an achievable grade for experienced flame-throwers. To my knowledge, no one, not even a bored millionaire has ever compiled type set comprised of such exclusive [and elusive] coins and while any TPGS would be delighted to authenticate and certify one, I don't know if any Set Registry would accept such a  compilation.  😉 

On 5/27/2022 at 11:41 AM, CoinJockey73 said:

I'm not trying to blow anyone's wig back with that quarter, i just thought it an interesting circulation find. Now, for the luv of silver, would you guys give a guy a break?!

lollol

Have a great weekend, everyone! 

Explain PRECISELY how it was found in circulation. Are we talking roll hunting? Because I don’t count that as “in circulation”. In circulation means you just happened to receive it in change, randomly. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 5/27/2022 at 1:00 PM, VKurtB said:

Are we talking roll hunting? Because I don’t count that as “in circulation”. 

Well, it all depends. If it were found among hand-rolled coins and taken to the bank where a teller would ask you to write your bank account number on it, that certainly qualifies as circulated. This quarter may be a "nothingburger" to some but it was  apparently found some 30 years after silver was taken out of  quarters and survived 86 years out there, somewhere, either overlooked, or likelier, in storage until liberated. 

On 5/27/2022 at 1:00 PM, VKurtB said:

Explain PRECISELY how it was found in circulation. Are we talking roll hunting? Because I don’t count that as “in circulation”. In circulation means you just happened to receive it in change, randomly. 

Precision isn't exactly my speciality. I'm more of a blunt instrument kind of guy. The troglodyte runs deep. But i will say, i do not coin roll hunt. Nothing in it for me. 

Found this today. Does this count? 

20220527_092306.thumb.jpg.5b646156961b61b5a2ae995aa5a23208.jpg20220527_092300.thumb.jpg.7aa8ebb917db54baa2a524831987e740.jpg

is that some sort of thing by that floating P over the white house? Looks split. Any nickel people in the house with an award winning collection? (@Lem E). Anyway, i know, another nothingburger, but I'll take silver all day long. 

*edit

@Lem E

*edit edit

@VKurtB i respectfully disagree with your strict definition of "circulation". What if it's found on the ground? What if i grab it from a coinstar? Change from a vending machine? Still very much in "circulation". Lighten up, my friend :wink: :bigsmile:!

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 5/27/2022 at 1:21 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

This quarter may be a "nothingburger" to some but it was  apparently found some 30 years after silver was taken out of  quarters and survived 86 years out there, somewhere, either overlooked, or likelier, in storage until liberated. 

I'd luv to know this coins provenance, but i also like a good slice of provolone. Which will happen first...

On 5/27/2022 at 2:43 PM, tj96 said:

Very nice!

Thanks. I get lucky, here and there. I've done well for myself though. I'd post more but I'm afraid i might offend a few of the more, obviously sensitive members. 

*edit

That's a joke guys! I don't really think anyone here is sensitive! I jest! 

Edited by CoinJockey73
Cuz people get butt hurt