• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the love of silver
4 4

2,212 posts in this topic

To all my dear friends here at "for the love of silver", and everyone else on the site. As much as I've luv'd posting my silver here, alas, I've started my own "daily finds" thread. I invite everyone to check it out. 

Till then, hugs n kisses, 

CJ73 

The adventure has just begun! 

On 8/4/2022 at 9:07 AM, CoinJockey73 said:

To all my dear friends here at "for the love of silver", and everyone else on the site. As much as I've luv'd posting my silver here, alas, I've started my own "daily finds" thread. I invite everyone to check it out. 

Till then, hugs n kisses, 

CJ73 

The adventure has just begun! 

...no thanks on the Xs n Os....

On 8/4/2022 at 6:40 PM, jtryka said:

Yes, the 50-cent, $1, $2 and $5 coins were all silver.

Ahhh. I hadn't noticed the size. Much larger than the quarters I'm used to seeing. Thanks for the explanation. 

On 8/5/2022 at 6:12 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

The reverse has that "indented" optical illusion look to it. Clad? Good looking coin. 

No it is a silver proof.

On 8/5/2022 at 7:48 PM, Lem E said:

No it is a silver proof.

This is where i have to chuckle and call myself a dope. The thread is titled, For the love of Silver. Yeah, I'm a dope. Have a good weekend brother

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 8/5/2022 at 7:48 PM, Lem E said:

No it is a silver proof.

It's funny, I'm allowed to call myself a dope, but i tried to call myself something that rhymes with boron, and it auto fills with something silly. Where are the lines drawn?! Lol. I wonder how long till I'm banned here too?

On 7/24/2022 at 10:14 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Maybe he already has one. (shrug) We were chatting about the new Zim gold "coin" being released the other week, across the aisle, so I dug this out of storage and posted a pic of it. I don't think he was impressed. lol

Though I might as well post it over here as well, just haven't had a free moment to do so until today. 

Ah, well, sorry if my response underwhelmed. lol I've actually been told on multiple occasions by my wife that I'm a bit of a horrible gift recipient - People give me things and I quietly sit there looking at it - examining it because I'm curious but not being very outwardly happy usually. lol I'm also usually not a very effusive person even though my excessive use of " lol " might suggest otherwise. Anyway... Yeah. I do like those. I find them interesting from a historical / collecting perspective, in much the same way I find the 2001 gold coins they made interesting. But, if I'm being honest, I do find the coin design a bit underwhelming. They have the same feel and spirit to them as those old US Assay office rounds. I also find it odd and a little interesting that it's a SILVER coin celebrating the opening of the Zimbabwe GOLD refinery.  ??? lol

To coinbuff's point though (and yours) no. I don't own one, but I could definitely be down to get one if one came up at an attractive price.

Sorry. I think it's been a solid 1-1.5 months since I've been active over here. :tonofbricks:

Wanna know something horrible? I filled out all the paperwork for that coin submission three weeks ago, bound up all the coins in groups of flips 2 weeks ago and they're still in the house. :tonofbricks::sorry:(shrug) I'm working on boxing them up, printing a label and scheduling a pick-up. If these don't get back by December, it's my own dang fault but... life is never dull with a 6 year old and a 3 year old with CP.even when you have the extreme luxury of working from home.

On 8/5/2022 at 8:06 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

.... I wonder how long till I'm banned here too?

Who better to ask than an alleged, one-time King of the Trolls? Me.

From my perspective, you are exexactly the type of member the Forum opens its arms wide to welcome into the fold.  I like your exuberance and I believe you will do well here.

I have never experienced the honor accorded some distinguished members here, who were banished from chit-chat coin boards elsewhere, but get a big kick seeing a dollar sign posted on one site--a virtual open invitation offering to pay ME for my comments.  :roflmao:

On 8/6/2022 at 3:07 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Who better to ask than an alleged, one-time King of the Trolls? Me.

From my perspective, you are exexactly the type of member the Forum opens its arms wide to welcome into the fold.  I like your exuberance and I believe you will do well here.

I have never experienced the honor accorded some distinguished members here, who were banished from chit-chat coin boards elsewhere, but get a big kick seeing a dollar sign posted on one site--a virtual open invitation offering to pay ME for my comments.  :roflmao:

I'm not a troll. But i am simple in my childlike exuberance towards the coins i find, and my wanting to share the images of said coins. That's really where all this ends for me. That's really what all any of this was about for me, especially over on CT. My daily finds thread there had 140+ pages! 70+thousand views! It was loved by all. Oh well. I'm over here now, and whether anyone is looking, or not, is really zero concern to me. I should have started posting back in March, when i got banned, but I'm lazy. 

@jimbo27:

I saw that '87 Top 100 "Gator," and was immediately intimidated into silence. The coin, which appears to be without blemish on its reverse, is still a quite respectable MS-65 and speaks for itself. (I didn't even know there was a Top 100 attribution.) You've done very well for yourself here!   🐓