• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,891 posts in this topic

[Attn:  @VKurtB...

Submitted for your approval (as Rod Serling would say)...

Bought out-of-hand, on-line, solely on the undoubtedly not as nice photos provided...

The future is here.  What say you now?    🐓 

On 12/13/2021 at 5:37 PM, Buffalo Head said:

You have a VERY impressive collection my friend.  After seeing these under my lens I am bowled over with the strikes and great beauty they possess.  Congratulations 

Thank you kind Sir, 🙏🏻 and thank you for all the amazing work you do for me.

On 12/13/2021 at 6:18 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

[Attn:  @VKurtB...

Submitted for your approval (as Rod Serling would say)...

Bought out-of-hand, on-line, solely on the undoubtedly not as nice photos provided...

The future is here.  What say you now?    🐓 

For those to whom shipping things and returning things is not a soul crushing experience, have at it. Shipping is a complete butt pain for me. Even RECEIVING things is a bad experience. Too much stress. 

On 12/14/2021 at 7:24 PM, VKurtB said:

For those to whom shipping things and returning things is not a soul crushing experience, have at it. Shipping is a complete butt pain for me. Even RECEIVING things is a bad experience. Too much stress. 

Well, you've got a point there. Just yesterday, I received a greeting card in an envelope postmarked 13 MAR 2021 from a neighboring zip code. In it was a card wishing me and my wife a Happy Easter. Pffft!

On 12/17/2021 at 10:45 AM, Hoghead515 said:

Another Christmas present from my loving family. They been really good to me this Christmas. The old lady has a better eye for coins than I do. In hand I think this one is very beautiful. It has great lustre. This is one of the finest MS66 quarters I own. Ive got a couple MS67 quarters that dont look near as nice. They let me have it early because we was gonna have our Christmas celebration tomorrow due to certain reasons and I have to work tomorrow. I told them Im very happy and proud to add this one to my set.  Polish_20211217_113310150.thumb.jpg.a3b5183a2e7815326cab3c1ad7cc60a0.jpgPolish_20211217_113244102.jpg.1de93857667087d55ae663731831d2e9.jpg

My birth year Hog, nice addition(thumbsu

On 12/17/2021 at 11:45 AM, Hoghead515 said:

Another Christmas present from my loving family. They been really good to me this Christmas. The old lady has a better eye for coins than I do. In hand I think this one is very beautiful. It has great lustre. This is one of the finest MS66 quarters I own. Ive got a couple MS67 quarters that dont look near as nice. They let me have it early because we was gonna have our Christmas celebration tomorrow due to certain reasons and I have to work tomorrow. I told them Im very happy and proud to add this one to my set.  

You're having a great Christmas, Hog!! Very nice pickup and, once again, cool on your wife!! She's got a great eye!! I'm with you...I've seen some MS 67 silver Washingtons that do not look anywhere near as nice as your 1950-D.  I had a good Solstice, myself.  My fiancée got me an MS 66 1986 Series Canadian $5.  But, I'd have to post that pickup over on PMG :wink:.  

On 12/22/2021 at 9:08 PM, Lem E said:

E221A67B-ACAC-443A-A170-244FD2B33B7F.jpeg

E41BE843-8BEE-47B7-BD42-CA5CBA8B5ADB.jpeg

F804BFEC-92AC-4508-86A4-DA9F88FBD0BF.jpeg

That's a nice one, LemE!! Very cool.  I've cherry picked a few 1943/2 P Jeffersons over the years, but it's something to see one in MS 65 5FS.  My cherry picks were horrendous looking by comparison.

Edited by Mohawk

On 12/23/2021 at 11:35 PM, Woods020 said:

Now that’s a Jefferson worthy of the Lem E collection. It just gets better and better. 

I know, right!! @Lem E definitely has it going on with the Nickels without a doubt!(thumbsu I love the pics he continually posts.

On 12/23/2021 at 10:17 PM, Mohawk said:

You're having a great Christmas, Hog!! Very nice pickup and, once again, cool on your wife!! She's got a great eye!! I'm with you...I've seen some MS 67 silver Washingtons that do not look anywhere near as nice as your 1950-D.  I had a good Solstice, myself.  My fiancée got me an MS 66 1986 Series Canadian $5.  But, I'd have to post that pickup over on PMG :wink:.  

Thank you my friend. Congrats on the $5 canadian. You will have to post it in the water cooler or something so we can have a look at it. 

On 12/24/2021 at 9:35 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

🐓:    You guys are the best!  A lot of friendly, good-natured banter; no impolite cackling.  You present the best The Forum has to offer.  It is privilege to experence such camaraderie among fellow members.

Merry Christmas to all!

Merry Christmas to you also my good friend.  Thank you for the kind words. Its great to have the privilege to get to share the forum with you also and the rest of the wonderful people on here. One of the greatest things I get to do everyday is talk with everyone on this forum. I cant wait to get the chance to get on here and see whats been posted and chat with everyone. I usually try to think of things to have an excuse to engage in conversation with everyone. I really enjoy talking and learning from some of the greatest people ive ever talked to. Merry Christmas to everyone. 

Edited by Hoghead515

On 12/24/2021 at 12:09 PM, Lem E said:

Thanks everyone. I appreciate that a lot. Those are just the seller pics, but I do have the coin in hand. Has some pretty good luster to it. It’s the only nickel I have with a bean. You don’t see very many MS nickels with a bean. Usually only proofs have them. It will be going to Joe after the holidays are over along with a few others. Thanks again everyone and Happy Holidays. 

(thumbsu Happy Holidays. Lem E  Merry Christmas to everyone. 

Edited by rrantique

On 12/7/2021 at 5:25 PM, EdG_Ohio said:

After selling 31 coins recently I swore I'd chill out for a bit and well .... :whistle:
....I've wanted one of these for some time now and got it at a very reasonable price at a auction, so merry xmas to me (along with a few others I'll post once I receive them).
Ed G.

2008w.AUBuff.PRcam70.Obv[1].jpg

2008w.AUBuff.PRcam70.Rev[1].jpg

Great coin! Love those fractional gold buffalos - too bad the were only struck one year! I have NGC MS70 1/4oz and 1/2oz coins and really enjoy them. Hope to get a 1/10oz too someday but the premium over the gold value has prevented me so far - but maybe I will find a good deal on one next year

@EdG_Ohio 

You are too kind. Yes, I have been collecting coins long enough to get Buffalo (actually, Bison) coins in change.

My wife is 100% disabled, but neither her family or doctor, psychiatrist, etc. could tell me why, psychologically.  I have notebooks filled with her unique observations. Her family is deeply religious; her father was a pastor (deceased) as is now her mother. I included her comment about your coin, which I love, because I doubt you will ever hear that from anyone else!  I appreciate the portrait of the native American.

Edit:  Many thanks for the link which opened up a whole new world for me!

Edited by Quintus Arrius
To express gratitude for link.

On 12/26/2021 at 8:41 PM, Lem E said:

Merry Christmas to me. (thumbsu Seller pics cropped and combined. 

61426957-600E-4B03-AD7C-ED993EA517C1.jpeg

6A099CB2-AA70-4CAE-8FFF-B06675BA1200.jpeg

Very nice Christmas indeed!!!! Congrats on some beauties brother. Those are some lovely additions.