• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,891 posts in this topic

Thanks. The 50D has more rainbow around the rim than these pics show. These make it look mostly orange. The 61Dis a full step coin. It has 1 big full step. :roflmao:I want to say they refer to those as “ramp” coins.

Edited by Lem E
Add

On 10/29/2021 at 11:20 PM, GBrad said:

Hey @Lem E.... this Nickel of yours is the Sheot!!! I absolutely love it's beauty and the toning. Absolutely beautiful.  I am getting more into Nickels myself.  If only I could get away from my Lincoln's (don't tell Coinbuf I said that....) which I highly doubt I will ever do....... I have a love affair with ol' Linc..... Your coin below is awesome! I would have personally graded this at MS71.

image.png

Thanks @GBrad I appreciate that. Hope you can pick up some nice Jeffs and would love to see them.

On 10/30/2021 at 2:48 PM, Lem E said:

Thanks @GBrad I appreciate that. Hope you can pick up some nice Jeffs and would love to see them.

You're welcome and thanks @Lem E.  I posted a beautiful 1967 SMS Jefferson awhile back I purchased raw at the Dalton, GA coin show.  I also purchased a 1965 and a 1966 SMS at the same time and have been meaning to post them.  I may do that now.  Just having problems taking good pics with the phone I currently have.  Not sure why, it's an iPhone XR (my second one...)  and the last one I had took great pics.  

On 11/12/2021 at 1:14 PM, GBrad said:

That's absolutely incredible, almost unbelievable, that you "Just found this in your mailbox a few hours ago"!!!  I could only wish someone would just put something like this "In my mailbox".... Lucky you!!!  What a BEAUTIFUL Quarter!!!!

Me too!!! If someone would like to put an antique finish Cleopatra silver round from Provident Metals' Egyptian Gods series in my mailbox, I'd be very happy with that person!! But in all seriousness....Hog's quarter is really nice, isn't it?  Especially since it's a Philly coin.......the quality control people at Philly in the 1950's seem to have been asleep at the switch much of the time.  Denver coins from that time period seem to be much nicer than most Philly coins, in my experience.