Post your most recent acquisition: US
17 17

20,481 posts in this topic

On 3/1/2022 at 5:12 PM, Lem E said:

I’m ok with it. You don’t have to pay that premium on most of them. 

Just wishful thinking for my future self.  Hoping to sell a MS67+FS(CAC) for MS68FS money... I mean if it were possible, why not?  

But, I think there is Staples close, and they have stickers that smell when you scratch them (I love the root beer one) :D.

Edited by The Neophyte Numismatist
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow!  Very nice Woods!!  👍🏻 👍🏻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/2/2022 at 7:57 PM, Lem E said:

Just found this little dandy and picked it up. Seller pics.

F80C74E2-9F5F-4156-A27D-FBDDB2A13A1E.jpeg

2E6B628A-4FB4-4C74-B692-6A98B0BB0B93.jpeg

I have been trying to stock up on FS Jefferson nickels. It’s harder than I imagined to find 6FS coins. This is a beauty for sure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/4/2022 at 4:43 PM, Woods020 said:

I have been trying to stock up on FS Jefferson nickels. It’s harder than I imagined to find 6FS coins. This is a beauty for sure. 

Seems like you have the best shot at a 6 step coin with 40Ds and 43Ds. That’s what I feel like I have seen the most.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/4/2022 at 6:04 PM, Lem E said:

Seems like you have the best shot at a 6 step coin with 40Ds and 43Ds. That’s what I feel like I have seen the most.

I found a raw 43s with full steps today. Pretty sure it would have went 6FS roughly MS66. The dang guy wanted slabbed money for it and wouldn’t budge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/4/2022 at 4:35 PM, Woods020 said:

I’m at a show in Chattanooga TN this weekend, and picked up this beauty today. Nicest 09-S VDB I have ever owned for sure. Pay no attention to my quick cell phone snaps. 
 

@Coinbuf I thought of you when I was walking away with it 

12C72129-4110-4EE7-B0A8-7664F5D36348.jpeg

33056C40-997E-4F37-84AB-91796D57D732.jpeg

That is a nice one and I’m sure wasn’t cheap with the bean premium tacked on. Nice find.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/4/2022 at 3:35 PM, Woods020 said:

I’m at a show in Chattanooga TN this weekend, and picked up this beauty today. Nicest 09-S VDB I have ever owned for sure. Pay no attention to my quick cell phone snaps. 
 

@Coinbuf I thought of you when I was walking away with it 

12C72129-4110-4EE7-B0A8-7664F5D36348.jpeg

33056C40-997E-4F37-84AB-91796D57D732.jpeg

That looks like a real beauty!! :golfclap:  Congrats on the purchase of a true classic key date.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/7/2022 at 8:50 PM, Lem E said:

This one showed up today. Shows a bit of a die rotation. The bottom pics show the degree of rotation. 74E39140-4E44-4A7E-A8B6-EB9155C57550.thumb.jpeg.2b2d89d463a466e6489f32c62d91bfde.jpegE541275F-29EC-48A4-9668-BD00686202D1.thumb.jpeg.d8c08b61f0c02e59d38cb6fd55ef62c4.jpeg046E0519-4724-4352-A5EE-9D3C5EE5988A.thumb.jpeg.9b256e63d3a843a739492e1eb2bde41f.jpeg6FD9800F-2B08-4E43-A047-B30986EFC170.thumb.jpeg.70c228454b28189a69f85a4ec07035f3.jpeg

You're right up there!!  👍🏻  👍🏻

Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 8.58.23 PM.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/7/2022 at 7:59 PM, tj96 said:

You're right up there!!  👍🏻  👍🏻

Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 8.58.23 PM.png

Thanks. I have been looking for a replacement for my current slot holder that I was never that fond of. I like this one a lot better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Serious question, in the title, it says "acquisitions". Does one have to buy said coin in order for it to be acquired, or is a found coin also considered an "acquisition"? Some definitions mention money, that's why I'm asking. I don't want to cross any lines, or get banned for no reason. Thank you in advance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/17/2022 at 12:36 PM, Coinbuf said:

There is no hard and fast rule, but its sort of an unwritten one that this thread is for new purchases vs coins found.   Most people post change/detector/coinstar finds as a separate thread in the appropriate section.   With that said, you would not be banned for posting them here, the mods here are not that touchy like some other forums, it just might not be well received by all the members.  Another way you could share your finds is with journal entries, would make for really nice ongoing journal.

Wonderful, thank you. I'm no trouble maker. I like the idea of a journal. That might be right up my alley. I had a "daily finds" thread on said other website, but was recently banned for who knows what. Anyway, Thank you for your detailed response. Last question, can others post and respond in the journals? I'm hoping so. It's no fun when it's just me, lol. Enjoy your afternoon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/17/2022 at 12:53 PM, CoinJockey73 said:

Wonderful, thank you. I'm no trouble maker. I like the idea of a journal. That might be right up my alley. I had a "daily finds" thread on said other website, but was recently banned for who knows what. Anyway, Thank you for your detailed response. Last question, can others post and respond in the journals? I'm hoping so. It's no fun when it's just me, lol. Enjoy your afternoon. 

You can just start you're own thread as well, similar to what you had over at CT. The Journals don't get quite as much action as posts but either way I'll check it out. (thumbsu

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/17/2022 at 1:03 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

You can just start you're own thread as well, similar to what you had over at CT. The Journals don't get quite as much action as posts but either way I'll check it out. (thumbsu

Thanks brother. I guess I'll just start my own little rambling thread somewhere under US coins then! See you over there :wink:

I'm done hijacking this thread! Sorry! :sorry:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
17 17