• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: World
6 6

2,325 posts in this topic

Well I haven't been on the darkside in a while. I'm glad I came today. I seen alot of nice medals, tokens, and coins. Nice one's all. Azlarry I like the toning on that one you have.

After the death of William Pitt in 1806, a dozen or so Pitt Clubs were formed in

Britain to carry on his patriotic ideals. Some of the club medals were encapsulated

with a silver ring and glass lenses. Gotta like things like this for the cost of an

uncirculated Morgan dollar!

P1010022a_2.jpg

P1010023a_2.jpg

Something from the Royal Australian Mint I quite like ! in 2007 it was the Ocean series of PAD PRINTED coins.. dolphin, starfish etc which are great, might slab some !

This year its the LAND series..

802452_crtv_large.jpg

802454_crtv_large.jpg

Haven't added to my collection in a while, but decided to pick this one up for my 8 Reales set:

Images courtesy of the seller (Jean Elsen):

1795_jean_obv.jpg

1795_jean_rev.jpg

~Roman

Apparently only a bit of an exaggeration. This large high relief French science medal from 1874 just arrived. $11 + shipping.

1874Frenchscienceaward000112.jpg

a neat little coin I found...pretty sure it's AT'd but it was almost free +shipping so I jumped on it..

57874-MVC-795S.JPG.4f8d7fab06660e4e268d8fe7f78657cc.JPG

57875-MVC-796S.JPG.6af7a462784673c0247b0125f157a7b6.JPG

Nice finds you lot (thumbs u

Just picked this one up Great toning nice one to go with my Avatar coin ? in a multi

2ecf_1_sbl.jpg

3376_1_sbl.jpg

sellers pictures it better in the hand may have to sweet talk bruce to take a better picture..

Edited by dooly

I picked up a half roll of unc 1966 Panama Balboas for melt at my local coin club meeting tonight, woo hoo!

Probably the most significant event in modern boating history !??

I love the coin, I'm thinking of buying more. 100% sure this will sell out, and go up.

Welcome ! instantly thought of you :)

I love the quote on the Perth Mint site !

To say that Australians celebrated after winning the 1983 America’s Cup is something of an understatement. As Time Magazine reported after Australia II’s victory, “the land Down Under had not witnessed such an orgy of jubilation since V-J day ended the war in the Pacific.”

I remember this so well.. I was at school the next day and excitement is not the word. The Prime Minister at the time Bob Hawke said on National TV "any boss who fires a bloke for not showing up for work today is a MUG"

I recently added this 1998 NGC MS69 Silver Britannia to my set, courtesy of dabigkahuna (thanks, Larry!). Now I'm down to needing only the 2007 and 2008 britannias to complete my MS69 set (leads appreciated).

Anyhow, I'm working on getting my photo of the coin the way I like it, and along the way, I took this pic.

dramatic_britannia.jpg

I'm about 95% happy with these pics:

brit-1998ms-775.jpg

Great shots of those talers and Britannias!

Here's an oddball piece I picked up in the recent Baldwin's auction.

Apparently there are a slew of variations for 1840 Rupees. I was

interested in examples from the Bombay mint where Victoria's nose

and eyes were tweaked slightly to created a more attractive and somewhat

exotic image (the "Indian Head") Unfortunately, I did not win an "English head"

example for comparison purposes. :(

Merged1840Rupee.jpg

Perth Mint coin is a definite winner !! I was told they are SOLD OUT AT THE MINT they are turning people away !! That may be for only walk-in orders, internet ordering is still online

The seller's pictures seemed to show simple black lettering on the reverse

of this frosted silver Pitt Club medal. However, the raised lettering is actually brilliant silver.

Any guesses as to whether this is silver leaf or some sort of reverse proof effect?

Merged1814WarringtonPittClubcropped.jpg

1814WarringtonPittClub00013cropped.jpg

My latest is the Royal Shield of Arms silver proof set

Got a letter today from the mint saying demand is huge ! no word from NGC whether they will slab these, so hopefully they are looking into it !

Geez, it's tough enough trying to evaluated things based on camera images but scanners just make it impossible! Then again, sometimes the scan keeps the price down on a particularly nice piece so perhaps I shouldn't complain. The first pair of images

is the seller's and the second pair is mine.

Merged1893sellerspictures.jpg

Merged1893CornwallAgriculturalprize.jpg

This one just arrived today (sellers pics)

WexfordEnniscorthyDH6.jpg

Wexford Ennsicorthy D&H #6 Rated an R, issued for R. Woodcock, a banker in Enniscorthy.

Not sure what it would grade out as, this one is at least as nice as the one pictured in Dalton & Hamer. Not bad for £2.90 :grin: