• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: World
7 7

2,325 posts in this topic

I cannot post my total Kookaburras Kangaroos and Koalas.. because well I don't know :D I have "about 100" Kookaburras recently, and maybe 40 Kangas or more.. 35 Koalas..

Don't expect me to post a picture of them all lol

Here are some of my latest aquisitions. GB 2009 Mint Set, Proof Set, Deluxe Proof Set

And the latest Royal Australian Mint issues

60th Anniversary of Australian Citizenship $1 C mint mark BU and 60th Anniversary of Australian Citizenship $1 Silver Proof

801943crtvlargega4.jpg802148crtvlargeyq7.jpg

I can already imagine some die varieties existing in those faces..

Three more Subscription Proof S$1 arrived today. Looking good, 2 more to complete my set and all will be slabbed soon (some sent already)

Today I got

1998 New Parliament House

1999 Majestic Images

2000 Cartwheel Penny

54679067gn0.jpg

50805690qq8.jpg

31599609rc5.jpg

One of the medals produced by Messrs Pinches for the 1857 Manchester Art Treasures Exhibition (BHM 2605) was packaged in this 67mm brass "box" which I like almost as much as the medal!

BHM2605000012.jpg

BHM2605000022.jpg

Farthing- I only lasted a couple of hours at the show (hit by a flu bug which I still have!) but came away with 2 Conders

from some slim pickings. Here's a couple "pre-bath" images.

MergedMiddlesex7.jpg

MergedMiddlesex403.jpg

The following token/medal arrived today - my latest winning from eBay. Catalogued in British Historical Medals as BHM 295 and as a Conder token by Dalton and Hamer as Middlesex National Series D&H 177. The medal was released in Silver, Copper, Gilt Copper and White Medal.

The following are the sellers pics:

MiddlesexNationalDH177Obv.jpgMiddlesexNationalDH177Rev.jpg

I figured that I had an good shot at the token being silver with white metal being the other choice.

This is what I received. My attempt at photography:

MiddlesexNationalDH177Gilt.jpg

I was quite pleasently surprised to receive a gilt copper token! All for $9.50!

It's nice to get more than expected once in a while, congrats!

I can't think of a single instance when I received a "wrong metal" token

or medal (except when I misread the description!)

I'm holding to strong hopes for this one - won tonight on eBay.

AyrshireDH7Obv.jpgAyrshireDH7Rev.jpg

The seller lists that the coin currently resides in a NGC 64 shell. Seller listed it as a 1799 pattern 1/2 penny - but it does fall within my sphere of interest. ;) This will be two Milton tokens in a row for me.

Hi e1..it's been a while since I have purchased any new ones (holiday season ) here's a Latvian coin I had been hunting down. I almost bought it from an ebay BIN for $120 but waited and got one for only $35 !! For a low budget collector like me that's great !!

72796.jpg.e1c4d44b1147a896706a610d83df2d05.jpg

Looks nice enough

MS64 :) well thats good ! so its not a pattern (what is it) ?

Calling it a pattern is probably appropriate, but it is also cataloged as a Conder token from Ayrshire - D&H #7.

The diesinker was John Milton, who was an engraver at the Royal mint under the chief engraver Pingo. He also had a side business as an evgraver of tokens. This piece was ordered by Col. Willam Fullarton and is documented as a trial for a shilling in copper. The obverse is the head of Adam Smith and the reverse is a female in mourning (Scotia?) with military trophies.

There should be a rather larger die flaw on the reverse - starting at about 11, and running through the top center of the design.

Farthing-Looks like a very late die state for that Ayrshire 7. There aren't that many of those around so you might even be able to trace it back to some collection/auction. Good price too!

This musician coin arrived today complements of Teletrade. I had never heard of Jezec so I had to look him up. Not only is this a Registry coin (so what)...it is the finest graded by PCGS (and the only one). :(

new2003-2.jpg

new2001-1-1.jpg

new2002-1.jpg

here's a silver half dollar I got for only $3 (+$1 for s/h).....just because the budgets a bit tighter doesn't mean I still can't find nice coins I enjoy....

73153.jpg.bc362eb3ac14dc4bd4ef2a8338af436e.jpg

Rolf Harris silver round !

In 2007 the Royal Australian Mint decided the UNC version would be Cu/Ni, much to the dismay of collectors. They decided for whatever reason to issue some, and many are in the USA. No surprise there, silver round lovers !

07silverrooyl0.jpg

A few of my recent pick ups from the NYINC show last month.

augsburg.jpg

1627 Germany (Augsburg) Taler. Davenport 5026. NGC MS63 (which was harsh). The picture doesn't show it, but the coin is highly lustrous with some nice light golden toning.

mansfield.jpg

1531 Germany (Mansfield) Taler. Davenport 9479. NGC AU58. Very nice strike for the type with wonderful detail on the face, horse, and dragon. Appears to have been quadruple struck.

pomerania.jpg

1633 Germany (Pomerania) Taler. Davenport 7282A. NGC AU58. A very rare coin which does not frequently come up for sale.

basel.jpg

1741 Switzerland (Basel) Double Taler. Davenport 1749. NGC MS63. Very nice luster and strike. Adjustment marks are basically limited to the rims which is nice as they frequently come running thru large portions of the design.

hall.jpg

1711-1740 Austria (Hall) Double Taler. Davenport 1049. NGC AU58. Mintage of only 834. While coin is technically accurately graded, no one would complain if it were in an MS63 slab.