• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: World
6 6

2,325 posts in this topic

Eagerly awaiting for these 2 to arrive - my first purchases from NEN

Listed as Prince Regent Copper Medal BHM-322 I know it better as Middlesex National Series D&H #972. A common token in an uncommon state.

315403406o.jpg315403406r.jpg

Middlesex Spence D&H #896 Catalogued as Rare.

315403407r.jpg315403407o.jpg

Obverse cliche of BHM 1308 in what I think is gilt copper. John Scott, Earl of Eldon, member of Parliament

and Lord Chancellor until William Pitt's death in 1806.

MergedBHM1308obversecliche.jpg

Eagerly awaiting for these 2 to arrive - my first purchases from NEN

Listed as Prince Regent Copper Medal BHM-322 I know it better as Middlesex National Series D&H #972. A common token in an uncommon state.

315403406o.jpg315403406r.jpg

Middlesex Spence D&H #896 Catalogued as Rare.

315403407r.jpg315403407o.jpg

Very nice! :applause:

Andy

those coins are a perfect example of why I think paying more for "red" copper is silly...what beautiful natural color...

I finally caught up on some slabbing...here are 10 coins ( so I provided an easy link instead)...they are for "Chapter 2 of my sailing ship themed collection ( I filled the max 150 slots of my other set so I started a second set)... http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/ViewPersonalCollection.aspx?UserCollectionID=2029&Tab=gallery

Near white "impaired" proof Canberra florin. MANY of the 400 minted were circulated, I have seen some **** ugly ones go for hundreds of dollars, while a FDC proof is worth around 30k (USD)

obverse.jpgreverse.jpg

Images do it no justice at all. On some angles, you can see plenty of little hairlines, but there is an angle where it looks incredible too, There is some reflectivity there still, the coin is basically shiny white with a hint of mirrors, and hairlined.

Only a couple of heavy contact marks, I am stoked with this latest pickup. Possibly my best if it can slab say PF61

Wire rims, nice strike with fully defined steps (3 large steps and the top one) and the orb on the obverse is nice and chunky.. neither of these can be seen in photo. I can't see any wear on the typical places either.

For my future registry sets, I am acquiring Koalas Kookaburras and Kangaroos. No pictures, here is my progress.. yes I have made good progress :D I will sell slabs when they are all done. Those only wanting 69's will get great prices, probably under my cost.

In hand.. 8x2007 Koalas, 1x2008 Koala, 1x1992 Kooka, 1x1997 Kooka, 1x1999 Kooka, 1x2000 Kooka, 2x2006 Kanga

On their way, 1994 and 1995 Kookas from ebay

Purchased 20x2009 Koala from Perth mint

Will purchase 20x2009 Kooka in Jan when available

Just secured some more Kookas yesterday

1992 - 2

1994 - 4

1996 - 5

1998 - 5

2002 - 5

2003 - 5

2004 - 5

2006 - 4

Just securing some more Kookaburras now as well

10x2008 and 5 each of 92 95 96 97 99

From my wife for Christmas (all are sellers pics):

Devonshire Plymouth DH 6 - UNC

DevonshirePlymouthDH6.jpg

Somersetshire Bridgewater DH 86 - mostly red P/L UNC

SomersetshireBridgewaterDH86-2.jpg

Somersetshire Bristol DH 98 - UNC and a Rare one

SomersetshireBristolDH98.jpg

Sussex Frant DH 23 - R/B UNC

SussexFrantDH23.jpg

Here's the sellers larger images of the Bridgewater #86

SomersetshireBridgewaterDH86-2LG.jpg

My wife did the choosing. I gave her a list of all my tokens (gasp!) as well as the contact information for Jerry Bobbe/Larry Gale and Bill McKivor. She did the rest.

After scanning all posts on this list all I can say is "Outstanding coins and photos everyone". Although I'm not a collector like you I am interested.

I received my Dad's estate coins a couple years ago, nothing special in the US coin department that I know of, but there are ~30 foreign coins or medals I'd like to identify. I've found nothing about them at several local shows or on the Internet. This group is the 'first' place, with your photos, I've found that comes anywhere close to showing similar coins. I'd like to advice about how I should go about identification, NGC Cirtification, valuation and possible sale.

How do I "attach" images like you guys do? What is the acceptable filesize and deminsion for attachments to this List?.

In the meanwhile here a link to my web page with my first attempt at imaging a coin. 1240x601 ~1MB, I can upload a +4MB image if required. http://www.cav-sfo.com/1631_Lipsia.jpg

This is my favorite, silver, dated 1631, ~52mm, my Dad called it "German Church Money" but I suspect is some sort of Medalian with German and possible Latin -script. The details are stunning in the city of what might be Lipsia, present day Leipzig Germany.

Thkx for your help and advice...joe

StarFields, neat medal (although I can't read much of it!).

I use Photobucket to store images and post directly here as an attachment. The format that works for me is:

"image name"

BHM2185000402cropped.jpg

Edited by yarm