• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: World
7 7

2,325 posts in this topic

I picked this baby up for my next Australian errors signature set, I already have a $1 set with a broadstruck MS66, this should grade close to same

323g.jpg

Nice grouping of Conders, HiHo! I was intrigued by the Lincolnshire Spalding 5

because of the ghostlike appearance of the small ship in the center. It seemed odd

given that the AU58 piece presumably has only a touch of wear. I dragged out my

Linc 6 which used the same die (according to D&H) and laid them side by side.

Take a peek at the ships, particularly the small ship in the center. Anyone know

if this is something to do with the state of the die or might the strike be affecting the look as well?

Linc5and6.jpg

I just looked at my Spalding 5 and while it is not in as nice of condition as either of HiHoAudios' or yarms' (mine is in EF condition) mine also has the 'ghost" effect on the small ship in the center. Interesting.

Well, my $1 error signature set is going to have something special in it soon (I think). Wasn't sure if I would ever get one of these..

I have asked NGC if they will designate mule for my latest aquisition

A picture says a thousand words..

mule1.jpg

2006 proof set, with a 2005 proof dollar.. (with Mob of Roo's reverse)

And the 2005 proof dollar was NOT the mob of roos type in 2005.. so it is not simply a case of wrong dated coin being put in there..

Nice grouping of Conders, HiHo! I was intrigued by the Lincolnshire Spalding 5

because of the ghostlike appearance of the small ship in the center. It seemed odd

given that the AU58 piece presumably has only a touch of wear. I dragged out my

Linc 6 which used the same die (according to D&H) and laid them side by side.

Take a peek at the ships, particularly the small ship in the center. Anyone know

if this is something to do with the state of the die or might the strike be affecting the look as well?

Linc5and6.jpg

I just looked at my Spalding 5 and while it is not in as nice of condition as either of HiHoAudios' or yarms' (mine is in EF condition) mine also has the 'ghost" effect on the small ship in the center. Interesting.

Strange that a die would wear out only in the center? Was the "ghost ship" a high point on the token?

Interesting indeed...

2009AUTreasuresdiamonds2009PF69obv.jpg

I thought about collecting the Treasures of Australia for my daughter and picked up this PF 69 version a few weeks ago. I picked up the 2008 Opals ungraded and it will be sent to NGC - the 2007 Sapphires is a little expensive right now and there are two more years remaining in the series (Gold '10 and Pearls '11 - try to get them at release).

Only 7,500 minted in .999 FINE Silver - only problem is the NGC slab is thicker than normal and will not fit in the slab holders...

I thought NGC wasn't going to slab these because they were uncertain about the jewel mounting?

They've slabbed about 5 or 6 of the first three in the series per the census report and most came in 69 - w/ one 68 and a 70. The slab is the same size except it is about the thickness of two slabs together.

I'll be picking up a heap of the new ones on release, and might even get some of the best ones slabbed

Remaining in the series are GOLD and PEARLS

The last should be a beauty like the first.

Who said they won't multi holder these babies ! it turns out they will.. 5 x 40.60mm

Okay I got these in 2006, but they are NEWly presented.. :D

6031.jpg

lol:D not much more at all

Yes there were silver colour sets and this is the gilt version

The colour and portrait/s are from the first decimal currency. Hence "figures" of note..

$1 $2 $5 $10 $20 notes left to right

Brown, Green, Purple, Blue, Red

The queen was alone on the $1

Hi, Guys. RI AL here.

I have been derelict in posting new acquisitions of late but the Music Coin collection has really taken off. I have gotten back into it bigtime and have found so many pieces that I didn't know about, and am bombarded by e-mailings and snail mail with new issues. I have added 28 pieces (mostly new or recent mintings but some older "missed" coins as well) in the past 2 months and have 4 more coming and bids on a few others. I am again "enjoying the thrill of the hunt" since I called a moratorium on my U.S. type set. (Hopefully this will come to an end at some point but I am enjoying the heck out of the music coin hunting and they are so much more affordable.) Anyway, I have scanned a few of my favorites to share. These are all recent or current issues except for the Egypt coin commemorating the Opera Aida, which was minted in 1987. My research has created a stack of "coins needed" sheets...there must be 50 pieces out there that I am looking for or will order at some point. Apparently there is a series of "World's Smallest Gold Coins", many of which commemorate composers. I have 3, but keep getting outbid on a Mozart piece from Mongolia.

Anyway, large scans below. The coins pictured are from Russia, Poland, 1 from the Ukraine and the AIDA coin from Egypt.

Hope everyone is well and having much success in your collecting!

RI AL...marrying off my son next weekend! We LOVE the soon to be daughter in law!

newmusobv-1.jpg

newmusrev-1.jpg

Purchases at the Charleston coin show I went to this morning. The shilling completes my type set by monarch back to Queen Anne. The others are for my french colonial set: French Indo-China 5 centimes, Unc, with really cool die cracks all over it.

83628.jpg.296b57fde0b477a47c432fd0941d8da8.jpg

83629.jpg.fe893f4e0dd5618950447555668404e6.jpg

83630.jpg.45a05900f23f318cc7ba4ea6c3a72228.jpg

83631.jpg.c9fa2c7c11f36e3a9174c78bf58aa888.jpg

Way to go there, Physics!!

I won 4 more music coins in the past 3 days as "make an offer" on e-Bay. Will post when they come in. Israel, Andorra, Poland, Bulgaria, and just got an e-mail that a 2 coin Egypt set (Abdul Halim Hafiz 1 and 5 pound set offer was accepted...he was a famous Egyptian singer) so that's 6, plus several others I am waiting for. Definitely going to need another notebook and some more Eagle holders and pages! And...I keep finding MORE that I have missed in the past...not to mention new issues...I have a "looking for" list of about 40 pieces. That darned Wagner coin from Tonga is driving me nuts. I must be on 10 want lists.

I hope I'll have a chance to show this set off sometime. If I had a zillion $, I'd do the NGC competitive set thing...but I'll never be able to afford all THOSE slabs! Oh well, I'm having a blast while not breaking the bank.

RI AL

I don't shop specifically for certified Conders, but after seeing Numismatist's

pretty piece I went over NEN's inventory and found this penny waiting for me!

306797304o.jpg

306797304r.jpg