• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: World
6 6

2,325 posts in this topic

old pieces ! new home! i actualy dont mind the new holders on these bigger coins.

2 pound and 2 heads.

forum001-15.jpg

forum002-10.jpg

forum003-9.jpg

forum004-8.jpg

nice ant..and I agree, the new holders are nice for the larger coins.......

here are 3 that I added to my sailing ship collection... (submitted yesterday)

77593.jpg.7fea4c9f33db2615f2a825fc1f26f2bd.jpg

77594.jpg.0ab89b4451e3e9d96f5dd8118f164fba.jpg

77595.jpg.b611df8a54c17d8467065bf3bb88ad13.jpg

This coin is going to replace the MS68 2007 that I have in my signature set. MS69 Maple leafs are not easy to get and I managed to win this one for about the price of the raw coin + grading fees.

I'm hoping to win a couple more nice pre-graded Maples in a couple of days so I can add representative pieces of the earlier portrait designs to my sig set. These will also improve my relative standing in that competitive category.

77836.jpg.aa75c4754caebd9672cbf00c8cdc1656.jpg

Neat lion, Farthing!

Most of the Conder tokens I bought from the ANR 2007 sale benefitted from a soak. I'll be interested in what your Buckinghamshire looks like in hand.

this is on the way from the UK. it says it was a die trial but i dont know. i love these designs so i had to have it. pluss the frost is awsome. uni-face.

newcoin.jpg

Wow, ant, that is awesome. I really want to know more about that one. How big is it, what is it made out of, what's the date? I just bought a couple of William IV shillings, and he is a difficult monarch. That is gorgeous!

Hello,

New to these forums.

Acquired this Constantine I solidus recently.

Any idea on current value?

Has some flan irregularity at 1 o'clock. Not sure if it is due to wear or due to mounting of the coin. How can you tell if a coin has been mounted? The dealer said the coin hasnt been mounted before but what should I be looking for?

Thanks for looking!

78632.jpg.428c45c60210ec00dc515a61b8c1014f.jpg

78633.jpg.7f357d61684a08c8e79d61321c8379fa.jpg

Edited by punekari

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=200332662679

here is the listing for it :) he has other design but i missed out on a few i wanted. i am going to do a little more research myself. but i got it for the design and looks :)

I believe that this would be a "die trial" for one of the relatively recent fantasy crowns that have come out of England. I have seen the seller offer other fantasy crowns over the last year or so. It may be listed in the Krause Unusual Coins book at some point.

Sounds reasonable :)

A die trial piece would normally be a one-off piece. There may be several done by the artist as the design elements are added to the design (ex: bust, background, lettering). In this case, with a mintage of 30, the die trials were purposely made for collectors - as was the rest of the mintage of the completed coin.

I think you got it for a fair price, and the only thing that really matters is that you like it.

:) i sure do. and hope i enjoy it as much in hand. i collect specimen notes and have some nice de la rue "gutenburg" notes in different stages. 30 is low enough for me :) prob the only one i will have with such a mintage :)

had to get a proof/prooflike that cought my eye. ill see what the white spots look like when i have it in hand.

germankeep.jpg

I have been searching for the 835 for some time now and was shocked to actually get it. It's listed as scarce in DH but most suggest its closer to RR.

I'm all geeked out - must have spent 12 hours looking at them over the past few days.

he he :insane:

Here's a piece from the Token Congress in Seattle. It's Denton's halfpenny lampooning token collectors of the 1790's. Besides the dunce cap and "Asses running for halfpence", the edge reads "Any sum given for scarce original impressions."

MergedMiddlesex299.jpg

Beautiful tokens yarm!

Here is one of the farthing tokens I picked up at the Congress. A Middlesex Spence D&H 1099. Ex. Cokayne, ex. Norman sale in 1903. My best image to date of a token.

MiddlesexSpenceDH1099.jpg