• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,891 posts in this topic

On 8/31/2021 at 4:51 AM, Lem E said:

E3B7F803-B601-4EFC-9B69-2D59432F1DAB.jpeg

6F815FC6-13B4-4016-8C53-F06D04023972.jpeg

That is one beautiful Cent @Lem E and looks to have some very nice toning on both sides.  I love it. That lady was not a cheap date I'm sure....... Can you please advise me on the meaning of N-4?  Thanks!   

On 8/31/2021 at 11:21 AM, GBrad said:

That is one beautiful Cent @Lem E and looks to have some very nice toning on both sides.  I love it. That lady was not a cheap date I'm sure....... Can you please advise me on the meaning of N-4?  Thanks!   

Thanks. I really liked this one. Most of them that I see usually have that all brown look to them and this one has a little pizzazz. The N stands for Newcomb varieties. Similar to Overton numbers for Bust halves. 

On 8/31/2021 at 12:34 AM, GBrad said:

I will have to say: Beautiful coin @jtryka!!! Way outside of my pay grade, and knowledge of coins, but I love your newly acquired coin. I have just barely graduated from Lincolns, trying to work my way into Morgans (help me Lord), and then maybe.... just maybe... I can start learning about coins such as this.  However, @VKurtB forced me to expand my verbiage by his use of  "genuflect".  At least I have that going for me in that I expanded my verbiagecal skill set. (and no, 'vercbiagecal' is not a form of the word but it sounded good and you get the point).

Often when I'm walking by a window and catch a glimpse of my genuflection, I'm reminded of the vexing of the verbose...

On 8/31/2021 at 1:27 AM, VKurtB said:

I’ve dated a few Catholic girls in my past. Ya pick up terms. “I do have a particular set of skills…”

Without my mentor, I never would have learned about the Trial of the Pyx and other things too numerous to mention. 🐓 

On 9/1/2021 at 10:12 AM, leeg said:

For my Type Set:

1945-D Merc Combo.png

Two shocking revelations: @VKurtB finally met a toned coined coin he likes, and no on recorded a single comment about the most outrageously rendered "9" I have ever seen in my life.

On 9/2/2021 at 10:31 AM, leeg said:

Thanks all!

Image of the coin in the holder:

1945-D Merc Lg Slab Obv 2.png

I would have said from the photos it was full bands. I guess the center band has something preventing it?

On 9/5/2021 at 6:44 PM, Woods020 said:

I would have said from the photos it was full bands. I guess the center band has something preventing it?

I too would like to know what kept this one from a FB designation....... I'm seeing (with readers on) what appears to be three completely intact and distinct

bands.  hm

Don't know why (impulse buy I suppose) but I just ordered a 2020-S $1 Silver Eagle PCGS MS70, one of the emergency issues minted in San Fran.  I think since buying my first ever slabbed coin, a 2000 $1 ASE a month or so ago, and then a few Morgans I shared previously, I have turned into a silver "coinoisseur"  (you get it?? coin-oisseur....ok... I hear the gong on that one:bigsmile:) but I will NEVER leave my beloved Linc's behind!!!!!! Just another chapter in my life I suppose.  I know they are bullion coins but hey, I'm loving these silver coins and I really think they are quite beautiful.  

On 9/6/2021 at 2:19 PM, GBrad said:

Don't know why (impulse buy I suppose) but I just ordered a 2020-S $1 Silver Eagle PCGS MS70, one of the emergency issues minted in San Fran. 

[Unsolicited editorial comment...

What you refer to as a 2020-S is actually a 2020-(S). 

I know. I know. But when you receive it and look at the label, that is what's going to be on it.  Probably one of the few instances in numismatic history when the use of parentheses have never been more important and collectors will buy a coin strictly for the label.]   🐓 

On 9/7/2021 at 5:03 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

[Unsolicited editorial comment...

What you refer to as a 2020-S is actually a 2020-(S). 

I know. I know. But when you receive it and look at the label, that is what's going to be on it.  Probably one of the few instances in numismatic history when the use of parentheses have never been more important and collectors will buy a coin strictly for the label.]   🐓 

Ok, Ok…. Yes….. you got me on this one QA…. I had a dream last night (or was it a nightmare) about this same issue and that Quintus Arius himself would politely correct my incompetence regarding this typographical error or should I say, “A lack thereof”? The S should have definitely been in parentheses! No questions asked or disagreement imposed. I knew this when I posted but failed to do so. Good catch QA!!(thumbsu

Edited by GBrad

On 9/9/2021 at 8:37 AM, Woods020 said:

Very nice and another amazing photo. I’m jealous of these pictures. 

Thanks. I have sent Joe 12 more coins for imaging and got this one back. Can’t wait to get the others. It’s like Christmas when the images start coming in.