For the love of copper
11 11

1,996 posts in this topic

Anyone know who A biondi is? Should I know them or care who they are? That is a new one on me, and I assume it’s just a personal collection someone wanted labeled. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow!  You're not kidding!  That is beautiful @leeg!!  👍🏻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/7/2022 at 3:14 PM, Coinbuf said:

A modern zincoln, with the usual plating pimples.

1998c-obv.jpg

1998c-rev.jpg

That is flawless aside from the plating issues you mentioned, but man.... does that thing have some luster or what!  Very nice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Woods020 How you been? I was all excited about my newly acquired 1864 IHC Cu-Ni, was gonna post it here, and then see you got me beat by a mile with your 1864 Bronze DDO xD.  Congrats on that one, very nice!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/11/2022 at 3:05 PM, GBrad said:

@Woods020 How you been? I was all excited about my newly acquired 1864 IHC Cu-Ni, was gonna post it here, and then see you got me beat by a mile with your 1864 Bronze DDO xD.  Congrats on that one, very nice!  

Good to see you back

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/30/2022 at 5:40 PM, tj96 said:

What's the confusion about @Quintus Arrius ?   @The Neophyte Numismatist  ?

Speaking strictly for myself, dignifying your contribution with a comment, automatically confirms my rank amateur status. The joke is on me; I get it. Moving right along now, I was going to suggest the "B" in "V.D.B." looks more like the "P" in "PLURIBUS". I like the elongated left arm of the "V" in "V.D.B." and believe yours is the first Lincoln Cent I've seen with an open mouth at the top of the left ear of wheat. None of the foregoing should be construed as a provisional acceptance of your offer to sell the coin to me for $10 mil.  :makepoint: doh! :facepalm:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/30/2022 at 6:04 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Speaking strictly for myself, dignifying your contribution with a comment, automatically confirms my rank amateur status. The joke is on me; I get it. Moving right along now, I was going to suggest the "B" in "V.D.B." looks more like the "P" in "PLURIBUS". I like the elongated left arm of the "V" in "V.D.B." and believe yours is the first Lincoln Cent I've seen with an open mouth at the top of the left ear of wheat. None of the foregoing should be construed as a provisional acceptance of your offer to sell the coin to me for $10 mil.  :makepoint: doh! :facepalm:

Now I'm a little confused.  What Joke?  There's no joke here.

"provisional acceptance of your offer to sell the coin to me for $10 mil??"

Yes, I'm confused.  This is the coin you're looking at:

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 9.50.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 9.49.59 PM.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am not inclined to dispose of the problem so neatly and quickly.  What you've got there is a legitimate work of art I happen to like immensely. But my opinion carries no weight. Now, if founding members of the anti-counterfeiting chapter allow it to pass muster, as is, I am all for it.  To my brain, still in infantile mode, it is not a true legitimate authorized counterfeit because that cannot be achieved within the specified date/mm range specified for the Lincoln Cent. I like it. I'd be curious to hear what Chopper One has to say about it. He's the cent's biggest fan.  🐓 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2022 at 12:12 AM, Quintus Arrius said:

What you've got there is a legitimate work of art

I know.

On 7/1/2022 at 12:12 AM, Quintus Arrius said:

it is not a true legitimate authorized counterfeit

It's not intended to be a counterfeit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would say a sizeable portion of the Forum is in an uproar.  Brace for impact!  The pontificators, always looking for a reason to unleash the fury of their Gatlings, are on the march and we should be experiencing the first barrage of their lectures shortly. A 1908-s V.D.B. Lincoln! Positively diabolical! I love it!  🐓 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
11 11