• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the love of copper
5 5

2,531 posts in this topic

On 9/11/2022 at 1:39 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Q.A.:  Nice re-strike!

LEM E:  Do you ever stop thinking about Roosters?  This is an Indian Head Cent!

Q.A.  My bad!  That's a truly awesome I.H.C, and a very respectable grade!

Thanks QA. Appreciate it. Getting some new images from Joe. Stay tuned.

On 9/10/2022 at 8:40 AM, ldhair said:

Image_0769crop.jpg

Image_0779.jpg

Hey wait, this is the thread I can leave comments on! 🤔   I can honestly say I find this coin, this date, in this superb condition, to be downright intimidating and a sight to behold. It is really a shame you felt you had to de-encapsulate it to display its awesome detail for a live studio audience. Great piece!

On 9/14/2022 at 6:24 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

@Lem E:

Woodies?  You're not old enough to remember "Woodies"!  Those stationwagons with the wooden trim were referred to universally, as Woodies. If not cars, what were you referring to?  🤔 

I apologize. I didn’t answer your original question. Woodie or Woody. I’ve seen it both ways. 

DA6EC850-6538-481E-B8ED-B204AA470AAD.jpeg

On 9/14/2022 at 7:37 PM, Lem E said:

My parents had a “woodie” station wagon, but it was not the old surfboards on top type. It was more of the National Lampoon’s Family Truckster type only in red. 

5536A861-54A2-4D5C-8013-BFA216C61323.jpeg

"Sorry folks, park is closed, the moose should have told you outside"....... Oh my!!!! That is iconic!  Great movie.  (Sorry to go off topic here, my apologies, I just could not resist)

On 9/22/2022 at 10:50 PM, rrantique said:

Cool the year I graduated from high school:banana:

[How do I one-up this guy? Oh, I know! Simon and Garfunkel graduated from mine in '63; I graduated 🎓 in '69. Hold the applause.]  :baiting: :golfclap: :facepalm: