• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,897 posts in this topic

I think it was nailed at MS66, but not being able to see the luster makes it hard to be 100% sure. Thats the big factor from MS66 to MS67

Luster is important on getting an MS67, but I think your coin has too many distractions on the obverse to have it easily slide into the MS67 grade.

Luster is important on getting an MS67, but I think your coin has too many distractions on the obverse to have it easily slide into the MS67 grade.

I was thinking the same thing. 1 too many small hits

TomB.. BTW …. Aside from the brownish discoloration, couldn’t the skull crack be considered a distraction?

Bruce, as for the hits, IMHO they are so minute, however I do agree about the luster factor and this one seems to have more frost. I haven’t received it yet and this is the auction photo. And I am looking for a 67 for my mint set. One I can afford.

Thanks to both of you for your replys.

I hope you score, but I just don't see it. That luster needs to be killer with a great strike. Hits get looked after that.

Added a few weeks ago. Got a great deal in a trade with another member who shall remain anonymous (unless he/she chooses to name themselves). My first FT dime!

1263744-2006_0607Images0007.JPG

1263746-2006_0607Images0008.JPG

Do you think my photography is getting better? I used all natural light, and the photo seemed to come out better. Thoughts?

Do you have macro on the camera? Dimes are tough becuase they are so small so what I typically do is adjust the settings so that the image is rahter large.....at least 1 to 2 MBs each and then when I crop etc that image is still rather large and you can still see all of the fine details on the coin. With Morgans etc this isn't necessary....

I personally never shoot under natural light but some folks swear by it so you just have to find the sweet spot with regards to what works for you....

Dunno about a macro feature... I took these pics with the same camera under the same light and I think it came out a lot better.

1263887-2006_0607Images0004.JPG

1263889-2006_0607Images0005.JPG

If you want the best photos with lots of detail then you need a camera with Macro. It looks like you are getting pretty close to the slab and while they are a little out of focus I don't think the images look bad at all. One of the things most of us try to avoid though is getting the camera or our hand reflected on the coin we are imaging which seems to be the case in both of your photos. It can be tricky expecially when dealing with the Mirrors of a proof coin but it's worth the practice as it makes for a better overall image. thumbsup2.gif

My most recent acquisitions have all been currency. I haven't bought a coin since the Central States show! frown.gif

Very nice Isabella quarter! thumbsup2.gif

My most recent acquisitions have all been currency. I haven't bought a coin since the Central States show! frown.gif

Very nice Isabella quarter! thumbsup2.gif

So lets see the paper, if it anything like the coins you show it will be very top notch!

Hope this doesn't get me in trouble? Three most recent notes cool.gif

1901_bison_PMG_64_obv048_copy.jpg

1899_Chief_PCGS_65_obv050_copy.jpg

rainbow_5_obv078_copy.jpg

Very nice .. I always loved the 5 Dollar Buffalo

I think you mean the $10 Bison.

I am pretty sure the $5 indian has a Buffalo / Bison on the back of it.. Correct me if I am wrong

3 very nice notes indeed.......a Bison, Chief Onepapa and a Woodchooper.......all very collectable and highly prized notes......thanks for sharing Mark!!!!

cloud9.gif

Agree that 1893 is great. Lee, what's the grade on that?

Here is my most recent & last for a month or so...

1908_20O.jpg

1908_20R.jpg

That is very, very pretty! thumbsup2.gif I just won a cousin of this coin in the Long Beach sale, I'll post photos whenever Heritage gets around to shipping it.