• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,879 posts in this topic

.....ER- did you find it in change?? 893whatthe.gif

Yep, and I was thrilled. grin.gif

Guys, your designation was close, but it was really Downtown Mall Parking Lot. 27_laughing.gif

Dallas was just a guess because Texas is so small that all the cities are close to one another.

tonofbricks.gifC tonofbricks.gifH tonofbricks.gifR tonofbricks.gifI tonofbricks.gifS tonofbricks.gif

I went to the local show today and went a little crazy on the mexican! I really couldn't help it, they were really pretty and oh so cheap!

The first are some classic pesos from 1938 and 1943, then a 1956 5-peso Hidalgo, then a couple 1968 Olympic 25-pesos (one is Prooflike) then two 1-ounce silver rounds dated 1985 commemorating two of the most famous Mexican designs. In total these coins contain 4.23 ounces of pure silver and I paid $41.50 for all of them!

19381peso.JPG

19431peso.JPG

19565peso.JPG

196825peso.JPG

196825pesopl.JPG

1985rounds.JPG

A new one for me...

1798 Dollar ... Its the first O Mint Marked Dollar smile.gif

screwy.gif27_laughing.gifscrewy.gif27_laughing.gifscrewy.gif

'Tis a shame about the hole. Otherwise it has tremendous eye-appeal. You should get it filled and retoned. I see nothing wrong with that at all.

Just like I saw nothing wrong with Hoot getting his 1804 cent tooled and restored. Afterall, it is all about the collector's taste. Downside is that it opens the door down the road for unscrupulous sellers.

But, Bruce, you're unscrupulous anyway so you have absolutely nothing to loose. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif You all know that's not true!!

p.s. Hoot, how about an update on the toning of your 1804 cent? thumbsup2.gif

A new one for me...

screwy.gif27_laughing.gifscrewy.gif27_laughing.gifscrewy.gif

'Tis a shame about the hole. Otherwise it has tremendous eye-appeal. You should get it filled and retoned. I see nothing wrong with that at all.

Just like I saw nothing wrong with Hoot getting his 1804 cent tooled and restored. Afterall, it is all about the collector's taste. Downside is that it opens the door down the road for unscrupulous sellers.

But, Bruce, you're unscrupulous anyway so you have absolutely nothing to loose. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif You all know that's not true!!

p.s. Hoot, how about an update on the toning of your 1804 cent? thumbsup2.gif

I am going to have it plugged soon I hope.... then store it away for some time and let it get nice and dark... more original looking .. at least whoever made the hole did it in a not so bad spot if there can be one...

A new one for me...

1798.jpg

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Are you going to tell everyone that when you list it on eBay? They'll probably believe you.

Chris

Jeff have you ever got a Lower rings 1968 Olympic Coin? Those are neat to have if you ask me. Great coins from Mexico.

This is a new one for me. Is it easier to discern the "lower rings" by the spacing from the rim or the spacing from the foot (above)?

Chris

Just got this in Fridays mail. Gotta love key date errors. laugh.gif

1877_error054.jpg

Hey, I know that guy! It's Silver Cloud!

Nice one!

Chris

IN QUALITY CONTROL AT NGC - Let you know what happens smile.gif

001 1936 S TEXAS 50C n/a n/a n/a n/a

002 1892 COLUMBIAN 50C n/a n/a n/a n/a

003 1893 COLUMBIAN 50C n/a n/a n/a n/a

004 1998S ROBERT KENNEDY S$1 n/a n/a n/a n/a

005 1998 S BLACK PATRIOTS S$1 n/a n/a n/a n/a

006 1937 ARKANSAS 50C n/a n/a n/a n/a

007 1937 D ARKANSAS 50C n/a n/a n/a n/a

008 1937 S ARKANSAS 50C n/a n/a n/a n/a

009 1936 CLEVELAND 50C n/a n/a n/a n/a

010 1936 LONG ISLAND 50C n/a n/a n/a n/a

011 1885 Morgan S$1 n/a n/a n/a n/a

012 1992 S OLYMPICS S$1 n/a n/a n/a n/a

013 1982 S WASHINGTON

I am intrigued by the lower rings too Bruce, do you have any links to photos? I might have to look out for one!

Boiler that pattern is simply stunning!

This was in the package with the 1877 error. Bought both coins from mreureka. Thanks Andy.

J1404_NGC_66_rb.jpg

Wow!! hail.gif

dittodittodittodittodittodittodittodittoditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris

Aha, now we know CT's "MO". thumbsup2.gif

18 pages! I've noticed that this thread sometimes takes a little while to load. Are we bogging down the system, Arch? What is the record for the most pages with pics? What is the record for the most pics in one thread? Should we submit this to Guinness?

Chris

I've been watching all the beautiful coins on this post. Here is most of my May purchases. This fits the recent advice "collect what you like within your budget". I'll increase my budget when I learn to grade better. Folks on this board have been great help, especially Supertooth. His tips are the reason you see some better coins in this group. An assortment from coin dealer, ebay, antique shop, and local auction. One of the better ones was actually below silver and a few I paid a little too much.

may-coins-obv.jpg

Regis

I am intrigued by the lower rings too Bruce, do you have any links to photos? I might have to look out for one!

Here is a photo.... The middle ring is lower on the right side, also known as lower rings.

1236541-405845-68lowerings.jpg

1236541-405845-68lowerings.jpg.dca89b07cc682941857826acd270e883.jpg

This was in the package with the 1877 error. Bought both coins from mreureka. Thanks Andy.

J1404_NGC_66_rb.jpg

Mark...both coins are simply amazing hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

Here is a photo.... The middle ring is lower on the right side, also known as lower rings.

I never heard of "lower rings" designation for that 25 pesos before, so this made me go check the ones I have. 1 low , 2 high! Thanks for an interesting tidbit! smile.gif

2Kopeiki

I never heard of "lower rings" designation for that 25 pesos before, so this made me go check the ones I have. 1 low , 2 high! Thanks for an interesting tidbit! smile.gif

2Kopeiki

Low is much harder to find that high..