• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,891 posts in this topic

I've been watching all the beautiful coins on this post. Here is most of my May purchases. This fits the recent advice "collect what you like within your budget". I'll increase my budget when I learn to grade better. Folks on this board have been great help, especially Supertooth. His tips are the reason you see some better coins in this group. An assortment from coin dealer, ebay, antique shop, and local auction. One of the better ones was actually below silver and a few I paid a little too much.

may-coins-obv.jpg

Regis

Regis, it might be a good idea to replace the 2x2's that have rusty staples.

Chris

Boiler always has the killer coins. He leaves none for us. frown.gif j/k Great coins! Regis has a nice eye for nice coins givnin the grades. Looks really cool smile.gif

That's one superbly struck half cent RGT. Excellent color and surfaces too. thumbsup2.gif

Hoot

Thanks Hoot. It's an NGC MS62 and I think the grade is accurate. EAC would call it an AU I'm sure. There is enough chatter that doesn't show up well in the pics to keep it from an upgrade. It's also a late die state. I believe that it's a B2 die state VI according to my Breen's. I don't have the Manley book. The die cracks can be seen on the reverse though I didn't try to optimize the pics to bring them out. It's a nice upgrade from my raw AU.

That's one superbly struck half cent RGT. Excellent color and surfaces too. thumbsup2.gif

Hoot

Hoot, you board hawg! I was about to say the same thing. mad.gif

27_laughing.giftonofbricks.gifloltonofbricks.gif27_laughing.gif

P.S.

RGT, that's one superbly struck half cent. Excellent, uniform color and surfaces too.

thumbsup2.gif

Hoot

Hoot, you board hawg! I was about to say the same thing. mad.gif

RGT, that's one superbly struck half cent. Excellent, uniform color and surfaces too.

thumbsup2.gif

Ten-hut! Victor, you're out of uniform.

Chris

Just picked up this Barber Half from last night's Heritage Bullet auction.

Its destined to be cracked out for my Dansco raw album.

Attachment: 1905-P - ANACS XF 40

Medium to dark grey toning. Very original.

1260530-1905PBarberHalfANACSXF40Obverse.jpg.a20a44c0974f6755f12d443ba6495293.jpg

I like that double eagle Winston:old age,great character, and plenty of history!

Not to mention it won't blow the bank 27_laughing.gif

Hayden

Mike, your 1905 has a superb look to it.

Spider, did you notice the skull crack through Washington's head? The scalping effect that your shows is somewhat unusual, as the cracks normally follow higher up in the hair.

Wow Tom! What a beauty! 67?

Hayden

Now he didn't respond to my inquiry....what makes you think he's going to respond to yours young Jedi????bumpit.gif

Ohhhhhh...you wanted to know the grade? Sorry, I must have forgotten to post it previously. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifdevil.gif

It's only graded 66.

Ohhhhhh...you wanted to know the grade? Sorry, I must have forgotten to post it previously. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifdevil.gif

It's only graded 66.

You got robbed dude!!!!!! 893whatthe.gif

Actually, the original submitter got robbed because I paid significantly less for the coin as a 66 than it would have cost as a 67.

Actually, the original submitter got robbed because I paid significantly less for the coin as a 66 than it would have cost as a 67.

thumbsup2.gif

att-a-boy Tom takeit.gif

Mike, your 1905 has a superb look to it.

Spider, did you notice the skull crack through Washington's head? The scalping effect that your shows is somewhat unusual, as the cracks normally follow higher up in the hair.

That die crack is rather nice... Whats the grade on that coin?

PCGS 66 and I was hoping it would upgrade. What do you think?

I have passed on a lot of MS66 coins.

1943sms66obv31ag.jpg

1943sms66rev25ib.jpg