• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,888 posts in this topic

Found these is a mint set.

IMG_7417.JPG

Dang Dave,where do you get these beauties! 893whatthe.gif

I think I'm gonna dip them. 893whatthe.gif

That's a great coin Larry.....

Just won this auction for a raw toner on Ebay....I just love buying stuff that others won't touch since it's not in plastic. This one looks to have nice even attractive color and hopefully it has the usual early "S" mint PL surfaces thumbsup2.gif

(Sellers Picture.......he says MS63 plus but it certainly looks clean so???)

3d_1.JPG

I also won this gem from our very own Pat (Braddick)

4b_1_sbl.JPG

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Really? I think it's awesome flowerred.gif

Sure why not? This hobby is about having fun...which I do so why should you be left out in the cold. Just send me your address and maybe I'll have Pat ship it straight to you so you get it quicker thumbsup2.gif

3d_1.JPG

Judging from the obverse it looks like a good 63,have you gotten it in hand yet?

I also won this gem from our very own Pat (Braddick)

4b_1_sbl.JPG

Wow Shane! That one almost has more "eye appeal" than my old mickey mouser 893applaud-thumb.gif

3d_1.JPG

Judging from the obverse it looks like a good 63,have you gotten it in hand yet?

Nope I just paid for it today.....I have 0 doubts it's at least a 63 but I suspect it might be a 64.....won't know until I get it in hand and the angle of the image could be somewhat deceiving as far as the 64 but I think I am going to really like the coin as it has a look that I appreciate on Morgans even though it doesn't have eye poping neon colors thumbsup2.gif

If the reverse looks the same as he states.....it's goinf to end up being a great rip.....I am not to optomistic that it's going to have the pretty blue and rose colors but you just never know 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah I really like it. It doesn't have the eye popping neon colors but it does have a nice tone across the obverse. That sets it apart from all the "blast white" Morgans out there. Nice find imho.

I think it will look a little more like this in hand.......made the coin a little more straight on view with some adjustments for the lighting he is using from a distance.......but we shall see....

3d_1new.jpg

Jeff, do you collect Morgans, too? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I expected some big, cool slug-o-gold and here I see a Morgan dollar. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, I do have an unc. set in a Dansco album I've been working off and on (mostly off) for the last 6 years or so, but I figure we all can be distracted once in a while! juggle.gif Besides, just wait a little bit, I did some eBay shopping last night! foreheadslap.gif

PS- Tom, if you really want to see a big hunk of gold, check page 25 for my Long Beach winning.

ok....here is the raw 80-s I picked up on Ebay.....what do you know....the reverse was toned like the Obverse as the seller stated............score one more for me... 893applaud-thumb.gif

It's a solid 63 as the seller graded it as well.......some of what looks to be scuffiness on the cheek is really just toning breaks 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1880SRaw.JPG

ok....here is the raw 80-s I picked up on Ebay.....what do you know....the reverse was toned like the Obverse as the seller stated............score one more for me... 893applaud-thumb.gif

It's a solid 63 as the seller graded it as well.......some of what looks to be scuffiness on the cheek is really just toning breaks 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1880SRaw.JPG

If you paid 63 money for that I would say you were my new Hero.

thumbsup2.gif