• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's See Some Gold!

427 posts in this topic

Thanks MM, yea I think I could afford a 1/10 oz buffalo if they had them.

I think proof gold is beautiful Bobby and that's a good one thumbsup2.gif

1799 Capped Bust Heraldic Eagle - Small Obverse Stars

No, this isn't part of my collection (at least not anymore tonofbricks.gif) While visiting my folks last week, we were going through my Dad's old Red Book. He sold one of these at auction back in the mid-late 60's in California. He doesn't recall the sale price but he does recall it being what he thinks was the equivalent to an MS-62 or 63.

Argghhhh foreheadslap.gif

1799_eagle_obv.jpg

1799_eagle_rev.jpg

1799 Capped Bust Heraldic Eagle - Small Obverse Stars

No, this isn't part of my collection (at least not anymore tonofbricks.gif) While visiting my folks last week, we were going through my Dad's old Red Book. He sold one of these at auction back in the mid-late 60's in California. He doesn't recall the sale price but he does recall it being what he thinks was the equivalent to an MS-62 or 63.

Argghhhh foreheadslap.gif

1799_eagle_obv.jpg

1799_eagle_rev.jpg

i know Rey hindsight is a cruel thing sorry.gif

1796633-2005-30123_428px.jpg

1796633-2005-30124_428px.jpg

1796633-2005-30124_428px.jpg.90fe5a1821d8a50b14d0bc57100cc204.jpg

Not even remotely as nice as those Capped Bust Heraldic Eagles( hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif), but what is? Those are absolutely stunning.

cal50ob388.jpg

cal50re389.jpg

Gladiator,

Good looking 1853 $1 Gold. Did you take the pics?, I can never get good images of these smaller ones.

Here is a 1904 Double Eagle (liberated from a makepoint.gif"gag" necklace "gag" makepoint.gif)

Freedom acclaim.gif

Rey

190420DoubleEagleObv.jpg

190420DoubleEagleRev.jpg

How about a couple of Double Eagles struck in off metals? laugh.gif

The J453 struck in copper is filling the Double Eagle slot in my pattern denomination typeset.

J453_tv_copy.jpg

The J665 is from my 1868 aluminum presentation set.

box_of_20_double_eagle.jpg

I have to say I'm a little jealous looking at all these old gold coins, all I have are some modern golds. frown.gif Beautiful coins everyone!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks everyone. smile.gif

Gladiator,

Good looking 1853 $1 Gold. Did you take the pics?, I can never get good images of these smaller ones.

Yeah their my pics. I'm happy with how the reverse came out but need to redo the obverse. I'm used to photographing 15mm coins so the 13mm gold dollar isn't too much of a stretch 27_laughing.gif.