• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's See Some Gold!

427 posts in this topic

Here's some that probably circulated in young America.

1/2 Escudos

halfescobv587.jpg

halfescrev588.jpg

1 Escudos

1escobv585.jpg

1escrev586.jpg

2 Escudos

2escobv579.jpg

2escrev580.jpg

4 Escudos

4escobv581.jpg

4escrev582.jpg

8 Escudos

8escobv583.jpg

8escrev584.jpg

Bob,

Fantastic coins in those Escudos, nice set there. hail.gif

Mirrored Morgan - St. Gaudens - Nice thumbsup2.gif

Here is a more modern Gold coin. As they say for the Olympics, Go for the Gold!

Rey

1984OlympicsObv.jpg

1984OlympicsRev.jpg

That's a lovely Saint, M.M. Very nice with gorgeous coloring.

And Rey, another nice bit of gold, but you spoiled me with that '58 S.

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

That's a lovely Saint, M.M. Very nice with gorgeous coloring.

And Rey, another nice bit of gold, but you spoiled me with that '58 S.

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Nice gold guys thumbsup2.gif

Man, this is just a GORGEOUS thread!!! Lot's of good stuff everybody!!! hail.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Bob, some REALLY sweet gold there! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Bicentennial Celebration

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

Are you sure it's gold? I have one, it's MS. I carried it around in my pocket for a while, and now it's sitting on my desk. Should I take better care of it?

Next time I will pay more attention to what I pull out of my photobucket. This piece definitely does not belong here. The original post I posted earlier this evening will self destruct at in 3 minutes.

confused-smiley-013.gifRey

Apparently there is a 12.9g gold version. That one on the bay comes with a box and COA so I'm assuming the COA says it's gold.

Is your pocket piece made of gold Chad? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Bicentennial Celebration

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

Are you sure it's gold? I have one, it's MS. I carried it around in my pocket for a while, and now it's sitting on my desk. Should I take better care of it?

Next time I will pay more attention to what I pull out of my photobucket. This piece definitely does not belong here. The original post I posted earlier this evening will self destruct at in 3 minutes.

confused-smiley-013.gifRey

Apparently there is a 12.9g gold version. That one on the bay comes with a box and COA so I'm assuming the COA says it's gold.

Is your pocket piece made of gold Chad? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Mine's more than 12.9g so I doubt it... sorry.gif

The one I have is in a wooden box and does have an insert with an explanation about the issuance of the piece but I can not locate anywhere or another COA that specifies the material(s) in the coin. I do not have scales but I would venture that it weighs the same as a silver dollar perhaps. confused-smiley-013.gif

Rey

Well this is the 1907 St. Gaudens that was identified as being cleaned. It just arrived home in the mail today. I have looked at it again and again, and well I can't see it, if it is it is, but I like to be able to see or know why. Will have some other folks take a look in hand and decide whether to give it another shot.

IMG_1266.jpg

IMG_1269.jpg

You can probably tell better in hand. I sure can't see anything from the images. It's a beautiful coin cleaned or not cleaned. thumbsup2.gif

You can probably tell better in hand. I sure can't see anything from the images. It's a beautiful coin cleaned or not cleaned. thumbsup2.gif

Nor can I Bob, 893whatthe.gifRey that is one spectacular coin thumbsup2.gifcloud9.gif

Well this is the 1907 St. Gaudens that was identified as being cleaned. It just arrived home in the mail today. I have looked at it again and again, and well I can't see it, if it is it is, but I like to be able to see or know why. Will have some other folks take a look in hand and decide whether to give it another shot.

IMG_1266.jpg

IMG_1269.jpg

High Relief?