• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's See Some Gold!

427 posts in this topic

Bicentennial Celebration

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

Are you sure it's gold? I have one, it's MS. I carried it around in my pocket for a while, and now it's sitting on my desk. Should I take better care of it?

Bicentennial Celebration

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

Are you sure it's gold? I have one, it's MS. I carried it around in my pocket for a while, and now it's sitting on my desk. Should I take better care of it?

Next time I will pay more attention to what I pull out of my photobucket. This piece definitely does not belong here. The original post I posted earlier this evening will self destruct at in 3 minutes.

confused-smiley-013.gifRey

To make up for the inadvertant posting of the "piece" referenced above, I will instead post a 1923 D St. Gaudens - no doubt that this one is Gold.

makepoint.gif

Rey

IMG_0001-1.jpg

IMG_0002-1.jpg

That's a nice Saint, Rey. Probably would grade higher if not for the hit on the rey, I mean ray, above the eagle. Choice is about right. I love that design. thumbsup2.gif

Here's a nice pocket piece for you:

1913d20dobv.JPG

1913d20drev.JPG

And just for you Washington dollar fans, here's what a real lettered edge looks like:

1913d20dedge.JPG

Nice raw one Jeff! Do you have enough to make a stack? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hope this thread goes forever!

Well, as for stacking, I only have this one raw double eagle, but probably have a couple rolls of slabbed ones. Ironically enough, I bought that coin off eBay for about $580 (which was melt at the time) and the reason the coin is raw is because it has a scratch on the reverse, bit since it's in the eagle's wing feathers, it hides it well. Outside that damage, this one might grade MS-63, which is better than the AU one I have in my Saint set! Just shows I have a soft spot for abused and orphan puppies when it comes to the 13-D.

On the edge view holder, they brought that out a few years back (maybe 2004?) and it was designed for bust halves and Saint-Gaudens eagles and double eagles, but it never took off, so I thought they discontinued it. Now with the pres dollars it's been resurrected, so maybe they could slab Saints and other edge lettered coins in them.

On the edge view holder, they brought that out a few years back (maybe 2004?) and it was designed for bust halves and Saint-Gaudens eagles and double eagles, but it never took off, so I thought they discontinued it. Now with the pres dollars it's been resurrected, so maybe they could slab Saints and other edge lettered coins in them.

I recently inquired as to whether they would slab Saints in these holders and they indicated that they are only for use with the new coins. I tried to see if they would make any exceptions but no luck.

Rey