• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: World
6 6

2,325 posts in this topic

Love the middlesex thumbsup2.gif

the macclesfield ? i wonder why the used the three castles.. which is the silver hallmark for Newcastle ?

hi.gif

According to R. C. Bell in his book Commercial Coins 1787-1804 the towers refer to the defences of Chester, whose walls were built by the Romans.

Edited by farthing

Hey guy's has anyone seen one of these before or know the value of this as a collector piece.

1826084-silverbar.jpg

1826084-silverbar.jpg.6fa19ebfa34179f13d8081b6109f5eeb.jpg

Edited by harvey8542

8c25_1_b.jpg

Unable to focus on coins, tokens or medals, I'm going with any neat design stamped in metal! This one, a French 1847 silver retirement award.

Yarm,

Another nice piece you have posted. I wish I had more medals/tokens etc. but I do not. However I want to let you know that as a result of these recent posts from you and others, I have a new respected view of these type pieces and will be expanding my collection of these.

Thanks for the images and keep them coming.

I've been pleasantly surprised by the items that have come in from GB, France and Belgium. The last insurance award I picked up had some pleasing color so I thought I'd take another shot! Here's my image of the prior one.

Dassiermedalpluseagleaward000267cut.jpg

The 2006 Canadian Proof Set I recently purchased (at an unbelievably low cost) finally came. I am not very good at taking pictures of proofs, let alone eight at once as seen below. Any marks or scratches in the images are on the case. These coins are really beautiful...

Rey

2006ProofSetObv.jpg

2006ProofSetRev.jpg

2006ProofDollarObv.jpg

2006ProofObv2.jpg

Very nice canadian set there Rey!!

Guess I should've posted this coin here in stead of the US coin thread. oh well!!

2004SomaliaLesPaulObv.jpg

2004SomaliaLesPaulRev.jpg

I found a new way to photograph these strong proof coins so I wanted to post new obverse and reverse of the 2006 Canadian Dollar which was part of the recent new set I acquired. Much better images.

Rey

2006DollarObv2.jpg

2006DollarObv.jpg

Thats a great looking coin Rey, really shows the contrast of the cameo great shot cloud9.gifthumbsup2.gif

Edited by rrantique

MergedEnglefield.jpg

Sir Henry Charles Englefield went out of his way to produce this fathing sized private token (circa 1817) which simulates an ancient coin. This bronze example is quite thick given its small size and was struck from a pellet rather than a flan. In addition to his likeness and monogram on the token are dates in Greek!

Bobby,

Yes the pictures are all mine. Bought a newer digital camera awhile back, it can't compete with very nice professional cameras but it works for my purposes. On the Proofs I finally figured out a way to photo them, they were driving me crazy. I took a piece of black felt and cut a hole the size of the camera lens in it and drape the felt over the rest of the camera and my hands. No more reflection and thus the black fields.

Rey

That's cool Rey. The pics look very nice!! thumbsup2.gif

BTW, to all, The post is coming up "Those Wacky English" and it made me think that I haven't seen Dooly on here in a while. Not to steer this post the wrong way, but has anyone heard from him? confused-smiley-013.gif

Nice coins all picked this one up at a flea market today for $35 what do you think? Once I get some black felt I will have to try your way Rey. Thanks for the neat advice.

1837329-canada.jpgtakeit.gif

1837329-canada.jpg.df1954e32c1ff646197d4ea1670ef41f.jpg

Edited by harvey8542

Nice set there, and yes try the felt, I was amazed. The proofs were driving me nuts. But with those that are not cameos which will catch the light it may not work.

Rey

He talked to me a couple days ago, he's been very busy lately apparently.

Chad I was wondering what happened to Victor EZ_E have not seen a post out of him in a while, any ideas?

I don't often get up at 5 AM but this weekend I had to be ready to bid in the Baldwins auction in London. One of my favorite designs, a Pinches Crystal Palace medal, in silver, was up for sale. The high estimate was roughly $200 with the juice so my limit of $500 would do the trick.............or so I thought! I spent the rest of the day grumbling and second-guessing myself.

Silvercoppercrystalpalace.jpg

...........................................................................................But then the mail came! The farthing to complete my George III collection was in from Heritage. Geez, I love this hobby!

Merged1798PatternFarthing.jpg

Some nice coins !!

SuperDave I may have the coin you seek =D

It was purchased in an old green PCGS holder MS64

Its now with NGC and will be imaged, so send me your email by private message and I'll send you the image the day I get it.. I expect the coin to be MS65

NO large bagmarks, only a really really tiny line of them on the obverse, takes about 5 minutes with a glass to find them ! finest known to NGC so far is one MS64

Thats a great looking coin Rey, really shows the contrast of the cameo great shot cloud9.gifthumbsup2.gif

Had no idea that a board member ended-up with my Canadian Set! smile.gif I hope you like it, Rey. Nice image, too - I always had issues shooting proofs in holders. The best I could do was the auction picture and that was done by shooting at an angle and then re-adjusting the height of the image in Photoshop. With that method I managed to capture every hairline on the holder, though...

~Roman

Edited by TwoKopeiki