• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: World
6 6

2,325 posts in this topic

A fair few UNC syd mints dont have the full braiding lines below her ear. The fine detail in the hair is also pretty much perfect, an early strike, I am expecting MS64 the more I look at it. Purchased as Choice UNC

This undated 51 mm medal in white metal depicts the United States pre Louisiana

Purchase (1803) and shows Australia as New Holland. I have no idea of its actual

vintage and wonder if anyone recognizes it?

Mergedworldmapinwm-1.jpg

Edited by yarm

Yarm,

I have never seen that one before but I must say that I love it. Let me know if you every eant to part with it. Excellent Piece.

Rey

it looks to be a nautical item...I'd love to have it to include with my collection of sailing ship themed coins...if you ever do decide to part with it or see another I would be VERY interested..

My newest acquisition...another sailing ship-explorer. This coin is from Cuba

PS: what is the law-are there any restrictions on buying Cuban coins? I mean if it's illegal to trade in Cuban goods? If anyone knows I'd be appreciative...I'd hate for the coin police to come and confiscate my collection... (tsk)

47044-MVC-392S.JPG.09b46b30e352f2c84793ee6e870e2e8b.JPG

47045-MVC-393S.JPG.33bc029f8374035e71368d7da142fabe.JPG

Jackson,

A real nice looking coin there. I have bought several cuban coins but have always purchased here in the US, so I am not sure about the pros and cons or legalities of purchasing outside of the US such as directly from Cuba.

As a side not, I like your nautical series, much like my railway/railroad series. I will see what I have in my collection that may peak your interest.

PM me lets talk.

Rey

Hello, everyone.

I'm mainly a U.S. type collector, (i know...BOOOO HISS) but also dabble in foreign with an emphasis on Music related coins. (I am a pianist/composer). Anyway, this is most recent foreign (dark side) acquisition. (Lets see if I can remember to post the PICTURES along with my post this time.) It is a hefty 5 ounces of silver.

Glad I discovered the "dark side"!

RI AL

Pouring and very windy here in the Rhode Island sticks. Reminds me of my hurricane days growing up in Miami.

francemozartobv.jpg

francemozartrev.jpg

Jackson,

As a side note to your question on Cuban Coins, the recent edition of Worldwide Coins mentions that since North American Coins are popular with American Collectors, and with millions of Americans of Cuban decent, some of these coins may be considered sleepers. Based on what happened to German and Russian coin prices after the fall of the Berlin Wall, world coin collectors can expect the coinage of Cuba will increase in value if Cuba is no longer a Communist state.

Rey

thanks for the tip Rey, coincidentally I just purchased another Cuban Silver 10Pesos coin today....I'll post a pic of it when it arrives in the mail..

Good morning, Yarm

The God Save the King medal is beautiful. The musical notation is actually accurate. Kind of clever. several composer coins, mainly from Europe also have fragments of well known compositions on them. If there is any interest here, I'll dig around and see what I come up with for posting.

Have a great day and thanks for sharing.

RI AL

Nice coins all

I DID IT I ACTUALY FOUND ONE OF MY HOLY GRAILS AND WON IT FOR ONLY £21 ON EBAY TONIGHT !!!!!

anyone who knows me will know how much i like these thing and how happy it has made me to find one from what i know this will be the 3rd one known :applause:

f70a_1.jpgfe03_1.jpg

sellers images !!!

so thats two i have now after 15 years of collecting :banana:

all the best dooly

Edited by dooly

although not nearly as exotic as some of the wonderful coins I've seen on this thread..I do enjoy adding new coins to my Sailing Ship themed collection......my newest addition from the British Virgin Islands...

47512-MVC-407S.JPG.cb81635f5485bcf8f0116d257c52cf4a.JPG

47513-MVC-408S.JPG.64ccad9572332375f95809ec89f12849.JPG

Dooley,

Can you tell us a little about this piece. It is interesting.

Rey

Hi rey .. sure can

The token is a Duke of northumberland perambulation token AKA. these tokens were given to people by the Duke so they could prove to his Keepers/tenets that they had is permission to be on his land.. or they would have been shot or kicked off.

Do you have anything similar in the USA ?

dooly

The Hatfield and McCoy Tokens.

lol lol

Seriously, not that I know of but there could be. Nice piece.

Also a beautiful Cameo Coin there Jackson. Love the Reverse.

Rey

The design for this medal by Pingo was exhibited in 1775. Examples may have been struck

to commemorate George III's meeting with the first American ambassador to Great Britain (John Adams)

in 1785. I was impressed by this particular bust of George III but have no idea what the engraver was thinking

with the depiction of Liberty. (Perhaps the model was a pregnant Paris Hilton of that era?!)

MergedBHM2657.jpg

Edited by yarm

you have some of the most amazing and beautiful medals yarm, thanks for sharing them with us....here are my 2 newest world coins....they fit my themed collection

47840-MVC-426S.JPG.bb830c04cf405f66240aae618344c49c.JPG

47841-MVC-427S.JPG.a6c56b69ce9ff5888100e150e8a19ea7.JPG

47842-MVC-428S.JPG.9d5de6500a9b6af87b303c7881245de8.JPG

47843-MVC-429S.JPG.fea8ecd88d8992ff5fe99f3b6777552d.JPG