• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: World
6 6

2,346 posts in this topic

I have been buying too much !

Get this one ! massive demand apparently. Sold out 2500

First "smellable" coin ? there is one from the Rebublic of Palau I see out now too.. but that is an ocean coin

This one is the first of 3 FAMOUS PLANTS OF THE WORLD

MARIJUANA

benin2010marijuana.jpg

For thousands of years "Cannabis Sativa" or Marijuana has provided most of man's needed supplies, even food for entire nations. Virtually everything the body needs is provided by hempseed. Amazing ? not really. We eat just about every other plant/fruit and some flowers

Interesting info - Canvas is Dutch for the greek word for Cannabis

http://www.talismancoins.com/servlet/Detail?no=1197 is where I found out about this interesting coin release

Having bought the 2009 Pearl of the Sea coin, I found out today this is an annual sell out release since 2005

Had to have one. 2009 and 2010 now owned by me :D

ar043.jpg

Along with that, a couple of these nice commemorative Australia Remembers coins. I got the first release last year. Always a popular theme, is Australians at war

aq880.jpg

History,

In the future, please size your photos so others will not have to scroll back and forth to view coins or read text. It is particularly important on a thread like this that is shared by all others. If you want to place photos side-by-side, you should size each individual photo at about 450x450. If you are placing the photos top-to-bottom, you can enlarge each photo accordingly. Group photos such as yours should be no wider than about 900.

Don't worry, I made the same mistake, too!

Chris

Nice jetons! :applause:

On the engraved piece, apparently St. Wilfrid built a Benedictine monastery and church (St. Andrews?) and Hexham in Northumberland in 674.

Thanks! :) I did some minor research on the engraved piece and I think it depicts Hexham Abbey. I also found references to three different men named Thomas Bell from the general area and date, but nothing conclusive. I admit to buying it initially for the artwork and novelty of it, but it is interesting to find bits of info on it's possible origins.

My latest Conder-Warwickshire 1 in copper.

Conder aficionados - What's the only token in D&H of a higher denomination?

c92d6ded.jpg

Very nice, clean Warwickshire #1 I have two of these but not as nice, one in copper and the other in brass.

The answer to your trivia question would be the Crown token - Nottinghamshire #1 ;)

The answer to your trivia question would be the Crown token - Nottinghamshire #1 ;)

Smartypants! ;)

So what token would be the next lower denomination?

Geez, I gotta come up with harder questions!

Edited by yarm

Smartypants! ;)

So what token would be the next lower denomination?

That would be Warwickshire #2 - which is the same as your #1 except the words AND SIXPENCE have been mostly wiped off the die. ;) A much harder to find token! The three sales I have recorded of #2 all state that the token was silvered.

674 CHURCH COIN POSTED....

http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=s+wilfred+674+church&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

I think it was a church he built - there are a few links in the search list - he even went to FRANCE for the masons.

Thanks for posting.

HS

Edited by History student

Great coins. I always enjoy checking in on this thread. I know so little about ancients and foreign coins - I never know what I'm going to see. Lots of fun, lots of nice coins (thumbs u

Added the 4th in the Treasures of Australia Proof Locket Coins to my signature set - Gold Nuggets for 2010. Sent in the coin to NGC and came back PF 69 UC.

phpfHbDI4PM.jpg

phpcxYxAcPM.jpg

What gets me though is I have two obverse up and two reverse up from '07 - '10 all going in for grading at different times. Nice to have in the collection and looking forward to 2011 Pearls.

Get em in one big holder when done :cloud9:

I would love to - I wonder if NGC makes a thick multi-holder. The single slabs are much thicker than the normal ones and they won't fit in the standard slab boxes.

Won this one today on eBay - looking forward to its arrival :) (Sellers pics)

Edit: A Yorkshire York #69

YorkshireYorkDH69.jpg

I was the underbidder on another token from the same seller - a very nice looking Middlesex Hancock #332 - the same type of token that MJ posted here the end of February. :(

Edited by farthing

They''ll be able to do it. The "oversize" holder takes those Massive chinese (and other) coins

It can be 2cm.. or was that 3cm thick as well as very large. Just ask and it should be do able

I like your display of medals adamlaneus! <3

Here's a pair of uniface electrotype medals I picked up. It appears they are based on the obverse of John Roettiers'

British Colonization medal of 1670 with cojoined busts of Charles II and his wife Catherine. One is in high relief

and the other is incused so perhaps one was made from an example of the medal and the other from the die (?)

19cd2458.jpg

11d5f549.jpg