• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,893 posts in this topic

There are some amazing coins on here. I am in awe of how diverse our collectors society is. Here is my recent Lincoln wheat cent acquisition my NGC MS66RB 1955 DDO Lincoln wheat cent. The 1955 DDO Lincoln wheat cent is considered the king of doubled die coins not only for Lincoln cents but all coins. Between NGC and PCGS there are only 2 graded MS66. 1 in MS66RD and this example in red brown both graded by NGC. You will have too click on the link as the file is too big for me to post. http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/WCM/CoinView.aspx?PeopleCoinID=1001806&PeopleSetID=163278

Edited by hunter's gold

HG- I saw that in your journal and that is definitely a very nice 55. I would be very proud to own that coin and the Registry Score: 9588 .... nice bump. ;)

Wow.

The 1955 DDO is one coin I always wanted to own.

Never got the chance to buy one that I really liked. You did great on this one as its one of the nicest examples I've seen.

Just beautiful

Thanks all for the kind words on my latest Peace Dollar. The luster is what did it for me. Plus the beautiful fields and well defined hair.

Bill, it was graded by PCGS. It has a CAC sticker. I definitely think it's an A coin for the grade.

Let me say this though, I was drawn to the coin before I knew who graded it, what the actual grade was and whether it had the CAC sticker. I think it has tremendous eye appeal.

There are some amazing coins on here. I am in awe of how diverse our collectors society is. Here is my recent Lincoln wheat cent acquisition my NGC MS66RB 1955 DDO Lincoln wheat cent. The 1955 DDO Lincoln wheat cent is considered the king of doubled die coins not only for Lincoln cents but all coins. Between NGC and PCGS there are only 2 graded MS66. 1 in MS66RD and this example in red brown both graded by NGC. You will have too click on the link as the file is too big for me to post. http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/WCM/CoinView.aspx?PeopleCoinID=1001806&PeopleSetID=163278

I'm not a cent collector, but your DDO is one very nice coin. I really like the toning. I'll bet you get different colors as you rotate it.

Here's one I got last week. I know I've been away for a while, but when you move and such it takes time to get back up and running! Besides I had no internet at my new house from the time I moved in back in November until 2 weeks ago!

145104.jpg.f4461c0dc0010aacc20f774ea0b88938.jpg

145105.jpg.1c70b81b84e6515f09a7afa86f15d86f.jpg

Here's one I got last week. I know I've been away for a while, but when you move and such it takes time to get back up and running! Besides I had no internet at my new house from the time I moved in back in November until 2 weeks ago!

I had wondered what happened to you. Both you and James had disappeared for awhile now you're both back!

Is that a better Overton on that 1813?

jom