• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,893 posts in this topic

Wd that coin is amazing. I'll bet Bartlesville will absolutely love that coin!

Thanks CD. I wish it didn't have those few specs on it but it is what it is. I don't foresee it leaving my possession any time soon. :grin:

Thanks Bobby.

and

Thanks rrantique.

Edited by wdrob

Ankur, that quarter is BEAUTIFUL!!

Here's a coin I just won @ GreatCollections, and while i didn't buy it for myself, I still cannot wait to see what it looks like in hand:

BB3CE3DD-5779-42B9-A355-998218997F78_zpssh9wamtr.jpg

86FAB768-A42D-4D20-91A9-62C8EF5C082F_zpsxjhoxvcc.jpg

WOW just got the coin in hand and this thing is GLOWING! neon colors monster toned reverse!

please forgive my poor-quality photos, i'm using a cheap P&S camera and no proper lighting. colors are close to accurate, but still can't capture all the color in one pic. i might end up keeping it for myself!

IMG_6259_zps4501abea.jpg

IMG_6253_zps71e5ef97.jpg

IMG_6255_zps4ba87ccb.jpg

Nice pick up Yonico. I think that reverse toning will be much darker than the photos. I can't wait to get your opinion once it's in hand. I like the fields on the obverse. Ms. Liberties cheek looks fairly clean. Strike is a tad weak over the ear, but I'll guess it's a 64*.

Thanks guys!

That is a fantastic looking coin Johnny! Very nice addition!

Thanks Justin! I'm glad I was able to finalize this purchase. You will see it hand soon :)

Nice pick up Yonico. I think that reverse toning will be much darker than the photos. I can't wait to get your opinion once it's in hand. I like the fields on the obverse. Ms. Liberties cheek looks fairly clean. Strike is a tad weak over the ear, but I'll guess it's a 64*.

I hope it's not MUCH darker. I've bought coins from this dealer a few times before and was never disappointed.. They have a good photographer.

It is graded MS65PL. I think it's in an old NGC holder (I don't see the white prongs on the coin in the pics), so it is possible it's from before they started the star designation). Can't tell for sure until I have the coin in hand but looks like it has potential.

Well I just got the coin, and the toning is actually BRIGHTER than images, and a lot more vibrant. Almost neon-like around the devices. WOW I'm very pleased with it!

I'm not good with imaging coins, but I'm having the coin imaged for me soon and I'll send you pics

Well I just got the coin, and the toning is actually BRIGHTER than images, and a lot more vibrant. Almost neon-like around the devices. WOW I'm very pleased with it!

I'm not good with imaging coins, but I'm having the coin imaged for me soon and I'll send you pics

Glad the toning is better in hand. Just send me a PM with the pics when you get them.

I recently purchased an 1853/4 seated liberty quarter (FS1301 error variety). I'm waiting to get it back from NGC.

It's my second 1853/4 coin. When I was a kid I cut grass to make some money. An 86 year old lady knew I liked coins and offered me an 1853 quarter if I cut her lawn for most of the summer. Fast forward 30 years and I happened to catch an article about the 1853/4 error coin. I have looked at the coin a million times since I was a kid of course but decided to look again for no particular reason a few years ago. By God it was the error coin. I sent it to NGC and it returned as EF45. Wow! I'm curious to see how NGC grades my recent acquisition shown here.

144158.jpg.9bc49c3ae4826b60bad0d5cbbaff6dae.jpg

144159.jpg.45a9235f1438cfdd4a0aab1d0a3cc96e.jpg

144160.jpg.d843ca68b30c584d5dfeb5e075e387a2.jpg

Edited by Matt_dac

Matt--Great story and I really like the arrow and rays variety. Seated Liberties are among my favorite coinage!!

JP---NICE crusty gold. Looks like tangerine!! Very NICE and love the pedigree!! I really should have bought something from that Newman auction.

Thanks. I was pumped to win the crusty gold! I can't wait to get it in hand. I had bid on 2 other gold pieces (old German medal and a 1870 Belgium piece), but I couldn't win them.

Thanks for the kind words and welcome!

I purchased 7 coins in the last 2 months. This made the wife a bit anxious (ha) but I'm going to calm down until I can sell off a few extra coins and my PSA Mickey Mantle baseball card collection. I have focused my coin collecting on NGC $2.50 gold quarter eagles and I'm 4 coins away from having the complete set. The 1911-D will be the last one I buy.

Among the 7 coins I purchased recently include the following two Saint Gaudens double eagles (my first SG's). It was a great deal and I could not pass them up:

144169.jpg.6d653fcbcae570b342d718b7b8d0c295.jpg

144170.jpg.db550b2d33146937aa922fbfd56174de.jpg

144171.jpg.252dd41ff21bc90df9d3b6f614849308.jpg

144172.jpg.bb715fb37b6876e38e0bdc98c5eecd8f.jpg

Edited by Matt_dac