• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,893 posts in this topic

The $100.00 PayPal giftcard somewhat offsets paying too much for this coin… NGC MS67*FB

Nice!! I'm surprised it didn't receive a PL designation.

As am I nice coin. (thumbs u

The $100.00 PayPal giftcard somewhat offsets paying too much for this coin… NGC MS67*FB

Nice!! I'm surprised it didn't receive a PL designation.

As am I nice coin. (thumbs u

while the coin obviously has proof like tendencies, the mirrors do not appear strong enough for the PL. Nice coin!

Sometimes very worn coins can be spectacular. Here is an example of one IMO. The luster which is hard to capture - where the luster bands rotate under the light along the edges of the obverse and through the whole fields of the reverse. The toning is rich and the images are accurate for the color bands. The wear is consistent with F12 hence the grade.

Best, HT

1831dPCGSF12_zps7309f2fc.jpg

Great looking coin.

However, on a coin in that grade, there shouldn't be any luster.

Finally paid this gal off.....overtime was scarce this fall. Merry Christmas to all..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

101_2609.jpg

101_2608.jpg

101_2614.jpg

101_2612.jpg

NGC AU58 CAC B1

I have been looking for a nice Bust Quarter for some time. While I would have liked a nicely toned example, this piece has nice original color with luster in the stars. It was obviously stored properly, but not in an album which would have caused it to tone. After how pricey the bust quarters in the Newman sale sold for, I was happy to get this one for a fair price.

Thanks for looking!

bjbt02.jpg

ruoe82.jpg

Ankur

Ankur, that quarter is BEAUTIFUL!!

Here's a coin I just won @ GreatCollections, and while i didn't buy it for myself, I still cannot wait to see what it looks like in hand:

BB3CE3DD-5779-42B9-A355-998218997F78_zpssh9wamtr.jpg

86FAB768-A42D-4D20-91A9-62C8EF5C082F_zpsxjhoxvcc.jpg

Not sure what I'm looking at Lee. Is it a book?

Sure enough.

I buy these to help with my research when I can find them.

Recent acquisition? I bought an 1869/69 Indian Head S-1. It was graded genuine by PCGS. It was dipped. But, the seller listed it as cleaned. It wasnt cleaned at all. The PCGS code was 91. And because the seller thought that the coin was cleaned, he called it an AU. The coin had nearly 4 full diamonds. No wear on this coin whatsoever. I would call it MS64+ because there was really only 3.5 diamonds. I was very pleased with my recent buy......

Recent acquisition? I bought an 1869/69 Indian Head S-1. It was graded genuine by PCGS. It was dipped. But, the seller listed it as cleaned. It wasnt cleaned at all. The PCGS code was 91. And because the seller thought that the coin was cleaned, he called it an AU. The coin had nearly 4 full diamonds. No wear on this coin whatsoever. I would call it MS64+ because there was really only 3.5 diamonds. I was very pleased with my recent buy......

91 is questionable color, right?

might be worth it to send to NCS or PCGS restoration, they can usually remove that toning (i'm just hoping for you the toning is not there to hide any other problem).

nice pick up!

Edited by yonico