• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,893 posts in this topic

Just in from the dreded Teletrade. Looks a lot better than it did on teletrade. Sure wish the 6 that I won were Walkers. grin.gif (supertooth, how about that color)

1891-S.jpg

1891-S-rev.jpg

Is that a vein popping out on Abe's forehead?

I'm hoping to post something here other than comments about veins and such after next month's auctions. thumbsup2.gif

Nic-A-Date has long been used to "bring out" the date on nickels that have been extensively circulated to the point of being dateless (like Chad). devil.gif It is a dilute acid that etches the surrounding metal and allows a ghost or shadow image of the date to become visible. The area around the date also becomes darkened and these pieces are easy to spot. I do not know if it would work well on silver, but there is truly no reason to do that to a coin such as the Peace dollar because the novelty of the piece would be shot if it were mistreated in that way.

dateless (like Chad).
Oh man Chad is getting killed this weekend. nopityA.gif

Yeah this just a nice smooth piece to flip through my fingers. I'll just tell everyone it's a '28.

I'm starting my own new eBay account tomorrow, and never telling any of you SOB's what it is! God!

Chad Look at the bright side of things. You have a coin that will be coming to you soon so you can photo. You should have as much as the rest of the guys have so far.

Here is one of my purchases from this weekend. I'm waiting for delivery.

1877obvrevpanvertqh7.jpg

another one I'm waiting for.

1858obvrevpanvertzw1.jpg

Peace Dollar I'm waiting for.

1921obvrevpanvertai7.jpg