• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,893 posts in this topic

Nope, there's no milk spot. At the right angle the coin is flawless then, tilted to the left in the light, one sees horizontal hairlines. I still think that it is an extremely nice coin for pr63.

My o my, how a collector matures! At one point I would have loved the blast white coinage. Now, it seems less than real for a hundred year old coin.

I'm hoping that this coin will tone somewhat in my Dansco album over time. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I havent posted a newp in a while so here is a MPL I picked up in Baltimore 2 weeks ago.

1329622-1911-1c.jpg

1329622-1911-1c.jpg.69aead86280bbc193321a12a71458547.jpg

Edited by chinook

I havent posted a newp in a while so here is a MPL I picked up in Baltimore 2 weeks ago.

1329622-1911-1c.jpg

And what a "Sweet" addition that one is!!!!!!!!!!!!! takeit.gif

I was pretty excited that this one arrived today. I hate to post any coin after a simply amazing coin has just been posted. But I'm going to "Man Up" and post it anyway.

This one was on eBay and the seller's pic wasn't all that hot. I did notice some "color" though and thought it was worth a shot. Price guide has it at $350 but I got it for 1/3 that price. Not sure if its technically a 67 but, on this day, PCGS thought it was.

Sellers Pic:

1957lincoln67rbA.jpg

My Pic's:

Img22977A.jpg

Img22977.jpg

Img22980.jpg

Like Lee, I just received a coin today that I purchased from poor ebay pictures. I could tell there was some color but had no idea how much. Here are the ebay images and my pictures.

1330020-1856.jpg

1856.jpg

1330020-1856.jpg.1a9e43470de28848dbb77f6a55f7b8d7.jpg

Thanks guys. It's not bad for less than $200. NGC called it MS63 and I think it's high end, but maybe just a few too many light marks for MS64. This is another good example of why you should take good pictures if you are selling on ebay. cool.gif

Very nice scores Lee and RGT!!!

Here are a few "younger" coins. I actually believe these are more difficult to find nicely toned than the MPLs or IHCs.

19401c.jpg

19421c.jpg

19541c.jpg

Very nice scores Lee and RGT!!!

Here are a few "younger" coins.

"Very Nice"!!!!! hail.gif

That's an interesting toning pattern for the date. How do you think it was stored? The US Mint Sets for the date typically come with heavy blue toning overlaying a grey backdrop.

How do you think it was stored?

I was going to ask you the same thing. tongue.gif I would have said that the obverse was mint set or album toning but the reverse is strange to me also. Is it possible that someone flipped it at some point in time? Anyway, it was $7.50 so I felt comfortable with the gamble. I can't even buy lunch with $7.50 here in Boston. wink.gif