• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,890 posts in this topic

It can't be US Mint Set toning, unless the coin was placed into a cardboard Mint Set holder that it did not belong in, because these cardboard holders that imparted dramatic color were only used from 1947-1949 and again from 1951-1958.

Here is one of my latest.

1307022-buffalloobv%2Brev.JPG

How about sharing some of that "money pit" you have and send it to me for my birthday?

thumbsup2.gifC thumbsup2.gifH thumbsup2.gifR thumbsup2.gifI thumbsup2.gifS thumbsup2.gif

I agree with Patrick. Read what you want, where you want, and with whom you want but don't just come here and complain. Beat it!

Anyways, here are my recent acquisitions from Shane. You've probably all seen them before so I'll just lump them together here.

The first one is for my dad. He works at Syracuse University - Home of the Orangemen.

1885orange.jpg

1945DHalfRev3.jpg

1945HalfObv3.jpg

1886MS63Obv4.jpg

1886MS63Rev3.jpg

Thanks again Shane! Hope everything works out for you and that you join us again real soon.

Thanks Hays. I know you're not suppose to talk about it right now, but if circumstances change, I think we would all love to hear the conclusion of the attic story. I know that I would.

How do you get the picture to appear in the post, rather than as an attachment?
I dragged it to my desktop then I uploaded it to PHOTOBUCKET then I quoted you and down in the lower right corner there are some options and one of them is IMAGES..click on that and a window appears and it will have http/ in the box,I always clear that out and then I copy the url from photobucket and paste it in the box.

hit enter and you are golden.If you go to the section of the forum that says TEST you can practice there.

AND Welcome to the forums.

Thanks for the info. I just registered on Photobucket, and I'll be adding pictures in no time. I take shots of all my coins, using a Nikon D100 Digital SLR with 105mm macro lens and a ring flash. It takes some amazing photos, that I will link to my posts. Some are viewable at www.parkviewdental.us/albums. Thganks again

You may also use the NGC site to host your picture by attaching it as usual, opening your post and clicking on the attachment and saving the URL of the attachment. Then, edit your post and use the image command of the instant UBB code and put the saved URL address in the popup box. This will embed the image in your post, though I may not have written this well enough to follow. frown.gif