• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,890 posts in this topic

Hi:

Were did you purchase the "so called dollar?" What is its official name?

I am trying to put together a "California Set" consisting of coins, tokens, and, medallions.

That "so called dollar" would be a great addition to my collection.

You got yourself a very nice collectable.

We need better pictures! frustrated.gif

Please? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I wish I had some, but my camera just stinks. Period. Point blank, end of story. No matter what I do, pictures stink!

As to the 1697 great britian and austrian coins, The seller substituted the Austrian coin for a 1971 S PF68* nickel. Is that an acceptable substitution?

TomB sez,

That is soooooooooooo cool! How do you think they suspended the letters in the center?

They're actually little magnetic rings suspending the letters in the center, one of the many clandestine mint activities carried out by then director George Eckert...

Just kidding. Seriously, a GREAT pattern ER, thanks for sharing it with us.

Dewayne, I like that Walker. Specifically I like that blue toning on the edge. Do you know if that is the old cardboard mint set toning or album toning? I'd be interested to know.

Thanks!