• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,900 posts in this topic

Mike, I love the originality on that coin! Even if a Bust half has been cleaned and retoned, it is still not the same nor will it ever be.

Like Lee, I just received a coin today that I purchased from poor ebay pictures. I could tell there was some color but had no idea how much. Here are the ebay images and my pictures.

1330020-1856.jpg

1856.jpg

I just noticed RGT cherry picked another attractive half dime from eBay, whitch is quite irritating and annoying to me frustrated.giffrustrated.gif

nice catch wink.gif

Img23170A.jpg

Img23170.jpg

Img23173.jpg

Oops, I think the reverse in backwards in the pic's blush.gif

Edited by leeg

Nice rotated die clash, Lee. Does anyone know why clashes are fairly common on silver 3c? Is it because the coin was so small that the Mint had trouble with the feeder mechanisms?

The type two trimes are way tough, Lee, do you have a type set of all of them? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Tom,

This coin will be going to PCGS for a cross. I'm going to use it in my 1857 Mint Set w/Gold Registry Set. It took me forever to find an example I like that didn't cost an arm and a leg. I like your idea though. wink.gif

Thanks for the kind words Tom. blush.gif I am working on a couple of type sets, one of which is a pattern denomination set which will include a pattern coin from each denomination actually issued for circulation. ie. half cent thru double eagle. If I have any money left when I am done (doubtful frown.gif) I would like to add the Stella and Half Union both in copper. I plan to display the set here and possibly at a future show when I am finished. Here is a new image of the twenty cent piece from the set also a recent addition.

J1404tv_med_copy.jpg

I hope to add a few pieces next week in Denver.

Mark

Boiler, truly between you and chinook, I think I have bled out looking at these absolutely stunning jewels! hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Bleed out???? I'm still having palpitations!!!!!

Thanks for the kind words Tom. blush.gif I am working on a couple of type sets, one of which is a pattern denomination set which will include a pattern coin from each denomination actually issued for circulation. ie. half cent thru double eagle. If I have any money left when I am done (doubtful frown.gif) I would like to add the Stella and Half Union both in copper. I plan to display the set here and possibly at a future show when I am finished. Here is a new image of the twenty cent piece from the set also a recent addition.

Mark

You know, I'm a type collector but I've never even thought of that angle before. I find it fascinating! It certainly is cool to take directions like that if the budget allows.

As always, Mark, you certainly put a sweet twist on the hobby. Thanks for being so humble to share with us! thumbsup2.gif