• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

I don't usually post the auction images of a coin, but I got very good word on this one and paid excessively for it, hopefully, deservedly so, and am quite excited about it. When I get it in hand, if it's half as nice as I've been told, I'll post better photos.

Of course, if it isn't, you'll never hear about it again....

219292613_9f9725fdb3.jpg

219292615_9d4ac6de8d.jpg

Although I see a slight rub/wear on reverse, I also thought it was graded MS63 or higher. VERY nice coin for the grade thumbsup2.gif

Man you guy's are killing me with all these amazing additions to your collections. cloud9.gif Just picked up these two:

1806obvB.jpg

415001570olarge.jpg

The half cent will fit in well I think with this half I'm still waiting to hold in my hand.

404047004o1.jpg

I guess I'm working on a date set now. wink.gif

I'll post your coin for you and then guess that you purchased this for the apparent die crack at 11:00 o'clock that runs from Washington's forehead through the A of STATES. Correct? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

f6_12.JPG

Here's another copper, the mysterious Mott Token. It belonged to a registry owner who I don't know. If you're on this board, thanks for this great coin and please send a hello my way!

222309365_e774542015.jpg

222309367_bad61e3cfd.jpg

this is a photo with more light, but I still have to figure out how to get rid of the glare. The surfaces are fantastic. A little soft in the center, but peripherally very well struck.

222309368_f78223697d.jpg

The Mott Token is shrouded in some mystery, but many believe these were struck in 1839, and not in 1789 as the token states. Truly, I happen to agree that 1839 makes sense because of the style of eagle on the reverse, which did not appear in a similar manner on US coinage until 1808 or thereabouts.

Here is part of the type set. I don't have them all imaged yet

Untitled-1.jpg

I need a doctor. Help help. Someone get me a doctor. grin.gif SWEET!!!!! hail.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifcloud9.gif

Do you collcet patterns according to specific theme?

I think there are too many to collect them all.

Yes, he mentioned earlier that he is building a type collection of early pattern coins.

That is just a facinating subject!