• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about an early half-dollar thread?? POST 'EM IF YOU GOT 'EM!

1,427 posts in this topic

Now that all the gorgeous 1794 and 1795's are out of the way I will post my paltry halves-actually I am tickled to have them. 1836busthalf.jpg1831busthalfobvrev.jpg

Hi, Fellow Forum buddies! hi.gif

I'm dragging this thread forward from 18 pages back for more learning and enjoyment for everyone! grin.gif

I like the toning on this Bustie! thumbsup2.gif

It is not as spotty as the scan shows in hand. confused.gif

AAJ

1821cbhto.jpg

1821cbhtr.jpg

here's an 1834 I got a while ago because, not only does it have neat toning, but it has a full cheek, which was for me, hard to find. There's a few divets above the date, but I don't care.

1783469-1834obverse.JPG

1783470-1834reverse.JPG

Hi, All

Here is a somewhat lucky 1813 Bustie, so to speak! Looks like a former owner of this CBH decided she would look nicer with a hole in her! 893whatthe.gif

Then, fate stepped in and the driller lost control of the drilling tool and she rolled away, lost behind something for decades! gossip.gif

At least that is the way I want to think about that dig in her! wink.gif

AAJ

1813cbho.jpg1813cbhr.jpg

DD, that is a seriously NICE 1811. Every time I see it I regret even more not pulling the trigger on it last year when Stman from ATS offered it.

Thanks Guy's...

Been thinning out my Toned Morgan Herd and saving the funds for the right coins...

As soon as I seen these I knew it was fait...

The gray sheet on the 1811 is 20 Toned Morgan's..."-)

Picked up this 1818, also at gray sheet of 20 Toned Morgan's..."-)

220106476123aWEB.jpg

220106476123bWEB.jpg

Been thinning out my Toned Morgan Herd and saving the funds for the right coins...

Now that shows uncommonly good taste on your part. The ugliest bust half in captivity is worlds better looking then the best looking Morgan dollar ever minted.

Thanks Guy's...

As soon as I seen these I knew it was fait...

The gray sheet on the 1811 is 20 Toned Morgan's..."-)

Picked up this 1818, also at gray sheet of 20 Toned Morgan's..."-)

220106476123aWEB.jpg

220106476123bWEB.jpg

this is a beautifully patinated 1818.

I love it. I'm having a hard time figuriing out it's attribution however. every time I think I've got it, something stumbles in or out and defies my coming to any conclusion. Any help?