• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about an early half-dollar thread?? POST 'EM IF YOU GOT 'EM!

1,427 posts in this topic

DD, check the E to D relationship on the reverse. On 107 the left side of D is even with the right side of E. On yours it appears that the left sides of D and E are even, thus my attribution of 105.

Jim

DD, check the E to D relationship on the reverse. On 107 the left side of D is even with the right side of E. On yours it appears that the left sides of D and E are even, thus my attribution of 105.

Jim

Jim...

My 3rd & 4th Edition show the 107 with the "E" & "D" even on the left...

Is yours different...?

Here's an 1823 patched 3 I just got. It was described improperly as having hardly any marks, but I like the look of the coin, and it will hold me for now. I like it.

1792493-1823patchedobverse.JPG

1792495-1823patchedreverse.JPG

That IS a very nice 1827 Dave, you've picked some fine coins.

I'll jump ahead by ten years; this is an 1837 I think I've posted before, but here it is again

1794757-1837obv677.JPG

1794760-1837reverse677.JPG

That is a very cool doubled-profile. thumbsup2.gif The 1824-1826 issues are, in my opinion, the most often encountered issues with this feature.

Sorry the picture was not that good, there are many, many hairlines and marks on the coin. It is NGC XF 40.

Well they must be dies then or it would've bb'd from them. Cool!!!

This one did get BB'd due to being "wiped" and I imagine dipped at some point. This is one of my early lessons in cleaned coins. The scratches were so obvious, but that is how we learn.

Rey

1877Obv.jpg

1877CCRev.jpg

Sorry the picture was not that good, there are many, many hairlines and marks on the coin. It is NGC XF 40.

Well they must be dies then or it would've bb'd from them. Cool!!!

They do let some slip thru the cracks that shouldn't.

PCGS slabbed this one with no mention of a cleaning.

1823bustob.jpg

1823slbscr.jpg