• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about an early half-dollar thread?? POST 'EM IF YOU GOT 'EM!

1,427 posts in this topic

That’s a nice one Mike thumbsup2.gif. I’d be proud to own that.

Bsshog40, I actually don’t find your coin ugly…it’s more that the coin has been messed with that is a turn off to me. It isn’t an historical representation of what an 1821 CBH aught to look like. That said, I’m glad you like it.

Mind if I ask what grades the 1795, 1803 and 1882 are? They are three very nice coins and would love to have those dates myself.

Rey

The 1795 is labeled VG-8 but I think awfully close to Fine

The 1803 is XF-45

And the 1882 is ANACS PF63....which should probably be cracked. There are some lines but VERY minor. Really flashy. It caught my eye from the end of an aisle in a show.

Excellent, I can't tell from the picture but is the 1795 2 leaf or 3 leaf? Also are any of the letters over punched - S over D, A over E or Y over a star?

I like that coin a lot.

Rey

You're not kidding about history behind these. These older halves are definitely eye-catching and show true character. I bet they could tell a tale....

Rey (rbrown4)