• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about an early half-dollar thread?? POST 'EM IF YOU GOT 'EM!

1,427 posts in this topic

Hi, All

Here is another 1812 from my collection. laugh.gif

She has a die break along the left stars to the date and has a lot of luster showing even though she went for a dip along time ago!

AAJ

cbho1812.jpg

cbhr1812.jpg

That 1828 is an O-120. And I would say it would grade EF-45

Here is a 1859-O Seated that I just got today:

1859OO.jpg

1859OR.jpgyay.gif

Yes I remember this one. Tom and I argued over which was the coolest overdate. He thought 1817/3 I thought 1815/2. As I recall, I handily won the argument wink.gif.

This is a nice coin Mike. I don’t mind seeing it again thumbsup2.gif

Yes I remember this one. Tom and I argued over which was the coolest overdate. He thought 1817/3 I thought 1815/2. As I recall, I handily won the argument wink.gif.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You know, even though I haven't posted to this thread in quite a while, doesn't mean that I don't read it. sumo.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You know, even though I haven't posted to this thread in quite a while, doesn't mean that I don't read it. sumo.gif

You know I was just joking with you amigo tongue.gif

Well, I went through this entire thread looking to see what halves I have already shared, since I did not want to duplicate the images, and I decided to add this 1839 No Drapery Seated half. Those of you not familiar with this coin will not realize just how scarce the No Drapery issue truly is, especially when problem-free.

1597209-CopyofI1839P35.jpg

1597210-CopyofI1839P35R.jpg

James coming from you that's a great compliment.

Tom, you're lucky you got her before her arm fell off.

ps

beautiful original no drapery, extremely difficult to find un messed with and

extremely difficult to find period.

takeit.gif

CoinImage-1868015-010-o.jpg

CoinImage-1868015-010-r.jpg

Great coin vtrockin! I really love your new half; it’s just the look I prefer for circulated 19th century silver, especially busts. cloud9.gif

I was tracking that coin myself, but didn’t bid. I think you did real good reeling that coin in for yourself. thumbsup2.gif

Congratulations on the win! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Great coin vtrockin! I really love your new half; it’s just the look I prefer for circulated 19th century silver, especially busts. cloud9.gif

I was tracking that coin myself, but didn’t bid. I think you did real good reeling that coin in for yourself. thumbsup2.gif

Congratulations on the win! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks rexcat. It was my 2nd bust half purchase. I couldn't turn it down even at a premium - it has such depth to it. headbang.gif (I even had to make it my avatar!)

Here's 1839 Bustie that I had for a long time, I keep for its toning, which is warming looking than usually with a hint of brown patina. In hand Liberty’s bust seems to almost glow against the fields. cloud9.gif

1839-half.jpg