• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about an early half-dollar thread?? POST 'EM IF YOU GOT 'EM!

1,427 posts in this topic

Paul, you do know that I want that 1839 half, don't you? flowerred.gif

Yes I do Tom! 893applaud-thumb.gif

You got da good taste in them dare coins. thumbsup2.gif

Yeah dare hay Tom, maybe I go crazy dare, eh. confused-smiley-013.gif

All righty then, I’ll let you know if ever she be going. insane.gif

Hope it's OK to post a couple of 28's with OKbustchaser around......I have learned that 27's are officially off limits...

Yeah, JRocco, go ahead and post all that "modern *spoon* "you want to... 27_laughing.gif

1827107O.jpg1827107R.jpg

Hope it's OK to post a couple of 28's with OKbustchaser around......I have learned that 27's are officially off limits...

Yeah, JRocco, go ahead and post all that "modern *spoon* "you want to... 27_laughing.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

1826Overtonobv1.jpg

1826Overtrev.jpg

yay.gif27_laughing.gif

This coin is significantly nicer in-hand than the image suggests, which is unusual because it came from Mike Printz and Larry Whitlow and their images are generally extremely accurate. I would think the main difference between the coin in-hand and the image is that the coin has a delicate pumpkin hue throughout both obverse and reverse that does not show up well in the images.

1627101-new-12.jpg

Here is my 1824 I bought from Winston:

1824BustHalf.jpg

I'm going to have to re-shoot this one, I had to flood it with light to get the edge-thing to work, and even then it didn't work well.

Had a nice run of 1824’s going until Tom messed it up with that crappy 1892 shakehead.gifwink.gif

That is one heck of a looker that Tom messed it up with....now getting back on target...

1824-2-0obv1.jpg

1824-2-0058.jpg