• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about an early half-dollar thread?? POST 'EM IF YOU GOT 'EM!

1,427 posts in this topic

Just acquired a miserable example of a coin I've always wanted - ugly, but at least it's genuine.

k1794cn.jpg

Yup, James, that is just AWFUL! You send it to me, I will even pay postage! Will give it a proper burial. devil.gif

Recent PCGS Submission

TomB helped me pick out most of these so I can't take much credit for the results. I am, of course, glad to have these in my collection...

1809.jpg

1814.jpg

1824.jpg

1826.jpg

1827.jpg

Who doesn't like VF20???

confused-smiley-013.gif

Winston, that is an OUTSTANDING group of coins. They're all great, but I particularly like the 1814/3 and the 1826. This is so great, Bust Half coinage, where a VF coin can be so beautiful as to 'outrank' anything in AU-MS grade. They are all choice coins! hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

edited to add: and I'm not saying this because I like you....I don't....we all know it was Columbus who really discovered America 893naughty-thumb.gif

My Estate find!

I either inherited it in a bag of coins that was handed down to me, or got it in a cigar box full of so-called "junk coins" at a local estate sale in 1993... either way, I didn't find out what she really was until I stopped by the NGC Boards and posted a pic a few weeks ago.

She is going to the Charlotte ANA Show in March to visit the NGC Table for evaluation, grading and probable slabbing (unless she gets BB'd for the scratches)... after that she will be on the market, so start rolling your wheat pennies, CBH Nuts!

1807 Capped 50/20 Overton O-111a (Perhaps O-111b)

1807BeardedO.JPG

1807BeardedR.JPG

FYI: There is another Bearded Goddess on the auction block with Heritage during the Charlotte Show...

Heritage Lot #759 -- Bearded Goddess

Man-O-Man I tried to slide that one in under your radar OKbustchaser.....

Guess I crashed and burned tongue.gif

John, didn't you notice? I finally gave up. Besides, that is such a NICE 135 that it deserves to be shown! hail.gif