• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone having issues with the boards?
1 1

44 posts in this topic

I've noticed since Tuesday, I can't log on using google chrome but can through Microsoft Edge.  I get the following error:

403 ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

Request blocked. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: iK8FEOB5hEprQnqJW10erb2dkFFL8GLfKzBhDeJSPRwEmvjhrbBcEQ==

Any thoughts on how I can fix this? 

That's weird.....I'm using Chrome and I'm having no issues.  I have no idea how to advise you, sadly.

I'm using "Tin" instead of "Chrome" -- much cheaper than free, and crashes almost as much. Firefox is good, but the darned hunting horn keeps blaring. Tried "Edge" but very dull....

;)

I have been having problems with sign on to leave a comment on certain post when I go to post it tells me to sign in when I click it it sends me to main NGC page showing I’m signed in but on the boards it shows I’m not signed in I have sign out on main page the. Restart it all over sign in and leave a comment perhaps browser history needs cleaned 

On 10/8/2021 at 11:36 AM, Jason Abshier said:

I have been having problems with sign on to leave a comment on certain post when I go to post it tells me to sign in when I click it it sends me to main NGC page showing I’m signed in but on the boards it shows I’m not signed in I have sign out on main page the. Restart it all over sign in and leave a comment perhaps browser history needs cleaned 

I have been having the same problem.  It took me a while to see that I had to sign out on the home page before I could sign in.  Something is not right.  The CGC chat boards have been having serious 500 errors that have been going on for months.  Dena has posted there that a fix is coming soon.  Maybe one is coming here, too.

@dena

d

That same thing happens to me with Chrome, but when I go back to the boards page, it flashes a bunch of times and then I get the 403 error.  Working from Edge now, but I don't like Edge.

On 10/8/2021 at 10:36 AM, Jason Abshier said:

I was having this issue on my phone (Android), but not my laptop (Edge). Checking the "Remember Me" box seems to have solved the problem. Now, if I could get rid of that annoying pop-up that wants me to sign up for the monthly newsletter...

On 10/8/2021 at 11:10 AM, comicdonna said:

I have been having the same problem.  It took me a while to see that I had to sign out on the home page before I could sign in.  Something is not right.  The CGC chat boards have been having serious 500 errors that have been going on for months.  Dena has posted there that a fix is coming soon.  Maybe one is coming here, too.

I have the same problems.

This place is probably in near constant Flux as they work on underlying stuff to improve the site and add new features. Sometimes you accidentally break things and that seems to be what may have happened here.

I'm sure they'll get to patched at some point.

It's annoying in the mean time but maybe something good is coming down the pipe.

The board has completely stunk ever since the recent software “upgrade”. 

“You could even say it blo…” Nope. Not doin’ it. 

On 10/8/2021 at 9:15 PM, Revenant said:

:tonofbricks:

When was the last time in your life that a new version of software did NOT ruin everything you liked about it? I cannot remember the last time. 

On 10/7/2021 at 2:35 PM, jtryka said:

I've noticed since Tuesday, I can't log on using google chrome but can through Microsoft Edge.  I get the following error:

403 ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

Request blocked. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: iK8FEOB5hEprQnqJW10erb2dkFFL8GLfKzBhDeJSPRwEmvjhrbBcEQ==

Any thoughts on how I can fix this? 

This malfunction affected me personally, and occurs intermittently when I make seemingly innocuous comments. My retort, when I tested all 137 anti-smasmodic security back doors, was;  "I can't remember the last time I had even made an appropriate remark!  They were not amused, but oddly, did not sanction me.  (Later, I felt unimportant when member @GoldFinger1969 suddenly declared he experienced a similar problem.)  I knew then I was nothing special, decided I would exercise @VKurtB's powers of observation, did so, and bought a coin solely on the strength of the "clarity" of the photo provided accompanying the text... Big Mistake, and a stupid move!  Now I am involved in a David vs Goliath complaint in which the latter fairly boasted, "All sales final; no returns accepted."  Nowhere did it state the coin in the ad was the one you will receive.. (How could anyone have 8 rare BU 1904 coins which are universally regarded as rare?) To make matters worse, the seller has a 100% seller rating, the item was packaged professionally, shipped without delay and was placed in my hand within seven (7) days. If anything, I summoned new-found respect for My Cousin Vinny's insistence on examining things in hand. The photo with pristine fields and a suggestion of chatter, is anything but.  I am fully cognizant the term UNC, GEM, CHOICE, AND BU mean nothing to a bullion dealer, and I should have realized FDC, and its terminological equivalent, STEMPLEGLANZ covers precise ground: MS-65 to MS-70, but receiving an MS-64+ is pushing things a bit much.   🐓 

[Note to Members:  there are some who would never admit to making a mistake, but fortunately, I have no reputation to defend, am human after all, I believe it important to pass debacles on to members who.mayearn something from them no matter how many years of experience they have...  if you are a Set Registrant, be super cautious when doing with bullion dealers who do not regard their commodities with the same reverence you do.  😉 

On 10/8/2021 at 10:45 PM, VKurtB said:

When was the last time in your life that a new version of software did NOT ruin everything you liked about it? I cannot remember the last time. 

The latest version of Malwarebytes I downloaded is pretty good.  It kept what was good about the previous one and just added onto it.  However, that's about the only time I can think of where the new version didn't have me tearing my hair out.

(For the record, after texting me around the clock, urging (i.e., ordering) me to trade up my Lifeline 3G cell and text for a T-Mobile phone, without result, I was informed succinctly by text:  LEGAL NOTICE:  YOUR 3G WIRELESS NETWORK IS RETIRING 1/1/22 AND YOUR PHONE WILL STOP WORKING. CALL 611).

Yes, 3G is being shut down. Somehow rotary dial was supported for many many decades.  I don’t do antivirus products. Too big a performance degradation. And I know malware vectors like the back of my hand. When Leo LaPorte, syndicated radio’s The Tech Guy, abandoned all antivirus software, so did I. Then again, there’s no Microsoft ANYTHING on my entire network. No Windows, no Office, no anything. 

Edited by VKurtB

On iPhone I get the sign in prompt pretty much every time I leave the page and come back. I have to go to the main page and log out, then log back in. Pretty much every single time I go back to the NGC site. Been this way for a few weeks. 

I’m getting the exact same thing…

That's really perception bias. We detect only the defects; success is not noticed. Hence, VKurtB's false conclusion.

On 10/9/2021 at 8:58 AM, RWB said:

That's really perception bias. We detect only the defects; success is not noticed. Hence, VKurtB's false conclusion.

Okay, then what has improved about the NGC board experience? I’ll wait.  But I get it, Roger, really I do. Only YOU are allowed to notice when things get worse, like any discussion board does when you participate in it. Only you get to decide that coin grading should stay as it was in the 80’s before TPGS firms. All technical nick-picking and nothing else. 

“as it came off the dies” Sheesh! What utter BS! Ooh, ooh, is that “perception bias” too? 

Gimme a stinking break, man. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 10/8/2021 at 11:17 PM, VKurtB said:

Yes, 3G is being shut down. Somehow rotary dial was supported for many many decades.  I don’t do antivirus products. Too big a performance degradation. And I know malware vectors like the back of my hand. When Leo LaPorte, syndicated radio’s The Tech Guy, abandoned all antivirus software, so did I. Then again, there’s no Microsoft ANYTHING on my entire network. No Windows, no Office, no anything. 

Thanks.  My sister, and a few friends, have landlines -- with no AM to leave msgs, spam, etc.  Her attitude: "Can't reach me? Too bad. Next time catch me when I'm home."

The cell I use -- beyond talk and text, is my wife's. She uses it for calls and receives an occasional wrong number. On my account on her cell, I get 700+ spam weekly and two or three "auto warranty expiring" calls a day. I have never owned a car in my life. "Do Not Call" Registries do not work for boiler room ops that have a bloc of numbers, preferably with your area code at their disposal.  My sister warned me about all the services I complained about.  She's like Gene Hackman in "Enemy of the State,"... get rid of your pen, get rid of your belt, get rid of your shoes,... your watch,... clothes."   :roflmao:

On 10/8/2021 at 9:45 PM, VKurtB said:

The proprietary software my company uses to do most of our work gets usually 1-2 major updates a year with new features and such. It tends to get better over time and the new features are nice, but sometimes weird bugs pop up that we mostly resolve in beta. The unfortunate thing here is that we're all unofficial beta testers. lol

On 10/9/2021 at 1:27 PM, Revenant said:

The proprietary software my company uses to do most of our work gets usually 1-2 major updates a year with new features and such. It tends to get better over time and the new features are nice, but sometimes weird bugs pop up that we mostly resolve in beta. The unfortunate thing here is that we're all unofficial beta testers. lol

You think that’s the problem? The problem is we’re growing an entire generation of ‘betas’.