• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the love of silver
4 4

2,200 posts in this topic

On 12/5/2021 at 1:42 PM, rrantique said:

1922 Peace.jpg

2013 k.jpg

This is what @Conder101 would refer to as a mule.  😉  Kidding aside, I once had a 1-kilo Kookaburra and a precious metals concern wanted to drill a hole into it!  Note to new collectors:  whether encased in OGP or not, never take your bullion coins to anyone unfamiliar with hallmarks and coins and rely solely on spot. Very nice coins!

On 12/7/2021 at 2:36 PM, Coinbuf said:

A fitting piece for Dec 7th

s-l1600.jpg

I agree, a fitting tribute! I showed this to my wife, she loved it. Her father was a prisoner of war in Korea and made it home but was blind from malnutrition. 

On 12/15/2021 at 9:49 PM, R__Rash said:

You gotta love silver to hang on to coin for 40 years?

IMG_1755.jpg

IMG_1756.jpg

Just what is it you or others like so.much about?

On 12/16/2021 at 12:50 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Just what is it you or others like so.much about?

I went back up and checked, yep it says “ For the love of Silver”. Evidently the love of silver makes a person collect all kinds of things, even an ugly old coin like this WW1 1914 25 cent piece minted pretty close to the center of all the destruction that took place in that war. Gotta love silver quite a bit to hang on to the junk silver box you’ve had for over 40 years, 

On 12/16/2021 at 8:08 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Hmm... something about the "3."

I don’t have macro ability, and was trying to get as good a focus as I could, due to what I thought was md or dd that I can see with a magnifier.  But I am not able at this time to accomplish that with the equipment at hand.

Edited by R__Rash

On 12/16/2021 at 10:24 PM, R__Rash said:

I don’t have macro ability, and was trying to get as good a focus as I could, due to what I thought was md or dd that I can see with a magnifier.  But I am not able at this time to accomplish that with the equipment at hand.

I think all will agree a greater light source is needed before an opinion can be offered.