• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The man behind the post...

867 posts in this topic

Talk about a "blast from the past" lol

I had to chuckle a bit myself. You guys take a ribbing all in fun, thanks.

btw: Nice people in those pictures you've posted,

Thanks everyone for your great comments!! :hi:

Yes I must say I really love the outdoors.....thats where I send most of my money!!

Thats why I don't have too much money to spend on coins!!

If you don't see me posting as much in the summer it is because I am outside playing!!

Awesome photes there...I also love taking my ATV out in the wilderness. :applause:I do most of my riding near Reno and Tahoe.

I would love to see some pictures.

My family has a big toy hauler and we take the 4-wheeler to lots of different states!!

My favorite state is Minnesota because there are lots of trails and it great driving thru the northern minnesota forest!!

AirForce-1-1.jpg

I was going through some old albums and ran across some of when I was in the service. I’m standing in front of the gun bay of a

A-37B Dragonfly. A Vietnam era twin engine jet fighter (sans afterburner). This one was a brand new arrival and was being inspected

prior to be put into combat service.

Installed in the nose is a GAU-2B/A 7.62mm (.308 caliber) Minigun, a 6 barrel gatling-style machine gun. The gatling gun has a rate of

fire of 3,000 rounds/minute, with 1,500 rounds of ammunition stored in a drum. (about 30 seconds of ammo which may not seem like a

very long duration of time, but with controlled 5 second bursts, you can make 5-6 very effective garden hose type strafes)

At $165,000 per copy, cheap by to today’s standards, the A-37B prototype was rolled out in September 1967, with deliveries to the South Vietnamese Air force (VNAF) beginning in 1968.

Man, were we young.

Hi, my name is colly and I have just taken up metal detecting after going detecting with a friend looking for victorian coins for my dughters shool project. totally amazed at what you can find. I am thinking about buying a garrett metal detector can you tell me If it is the right choice of detectors? Thanks, Colly.

Welcome to the forum

I am also in the UK .. and use a Garrett 1250 euro

hear are a few finds for you to drool over

NCSVEP.jpg

SCTgold.jpg

all the best the daft Englishman

Hi, very nice coins! I am not to sure what coins and from what age they are but very nice coins the same, I take it that you have been collecting coins for some time. Thankyou very much for your quick reply. I live in kent and hope to be detcting in about two weeks time, when I find some coins I will post them on to the forum and hopefully get back in touch with you, until that time thanks again. Colly.

(thumbs u No bother colly .. yep some canny coins .. Kent thats a long way from Northumberland but if you fancy a bit detecting just pm me and i will see what i can do .. I am sure i can sort you some coins out ..

all the best dooly

Here is one of me from way back in 793 when I stormed the beaches of Lindisfarne

Lindisfarne.jpg

:signfunny:

haha.. bring him on and i will kick his back into the sea .. no one detects on my land !

Here is one of my youngest daughter, Kayla, holding the team trophy from the recent Illinois Class 2A state basketball tournament. I'm 6'6' and she is 6'2'

75682.jpg.c77c52550a3f7cd8fd25c2bd59b0f113.jpg