• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The man behind the post...

867 posts in this topic

bigfish-1.jpg

Hooked onto the rear end of a Buick while fishing in the Gulf of Mexico, never even seen the fish, spooled the

Penn reel as the skipper calmly walked over and cut the line before it hit the end. (many moons ago)

bigfish-1.jpg

Hooked onto the rear end of a Buick while fishing in the Gulf of Mexico, never even seen the fish, spooled the

Penn reel as the skipper calmly walked over and cut the line before it hit the end. (many moons ago)

What do you think it was? A big shark? Or, maybe a 1,000lb Goliath?

Chris

We were fishing for Kingfish with foot long ribbon fish for bait (3 hook tandem) when the strike hit. The way it dove for the bottom it was either a Giant Grouper or Shark. The rod tip never pulsed, just one steady pull. It turned the stern of the 27' Pinion around and I knew it was going to be a lost cause, not enough rod or big enough reel to even turn this fish. We did however catch some nice Kings that day.

Nice one Fish. Was this on the Columbia River? That one looks like a 25 year old. Caviar is out of the question on those suckers. Pun intended. Great cover shot. :applause: (thumbs u

I don't know Woody that might have been a "Hemi" :hi:

Jamie,

I checked out the Mt Vernon Inn on Google and it appears to be part of a tourist complex developed for visitors to Mt Vernon. Cool picture. I had you wrongly pictured as a shirt and tie guy. Sorry about that. Must be nice working in such a historic area.

We were fishing for Kingfish with foot long ribbon fish for bait (3 hook tandem) when the strike hit. The way it dove for the bottom it was either a Giant Grouper or Shark. The rod tip never pulsed, just one steady pull. It turned the stern of the 27' Pinion around and I knew it was going to be a lost cause, not enough rod or big enough reel to even turn this fish. We did however catch some nice Kings that day.

It sounds like it was probably a Goliath Grouper. They're thought to grow to 800 lbs. and 8' long. The record in Florida waters on hook and line is 680 lbs.

Chris

Nice one Fish. Was this on the Columbia River?

Thanks Irvin, this is a made up mag cover. I am on the Napa river that is part of the SF Bay/ Sacramento Delta system. I live 15 minutes from the launch. I've released 2 oversize (greater than 66 in.) since January this year and one was easily 7 ft. the other was 68 in.

Woody, great shot! I've experienced that helpless feeling when you just can't stop one.

Celtics gonna turn it on for the playoffs cheer.gif Just picked up my celebration jersey

celtics.jpg

You need a better set of pool balls for the table. Those Premiere balls are crummy. How about a "TV Set" of Brunswick Centennials from the Women's Pro Tour?

Chris

You need a better set of pool balls for the table. Those Premiere balls are crummy. How about a "TV Set" of Brunswick Centennials from the Women's Pro Tour?

Chris

I'm sure you're right but I don't know that those balls are really hurtin my game. I'm not that skilled at pool. I just play the misses and friends that we have over. As I recall those balls were part of a package we bought when we bought the table. It's a nice table though - a Brunswick. Maybe you could tell. I don't know...

My favorite college team won last night. The hammered WV by 18.

[font:Comic Sans MS] Go Blue Devils! [/font]

Chris

I don't know if you are still in the Army but thank you for serving. What is/was your MOS? I was 11B40 back in the day :cool:

:grin: Fun Sturgeon Derby this year. Here on the Napa River in my boat with a bud. Soo tired after the fight I didn't get my big fish up in the pic.

97609.jpg.ed0aed1b60b1db56a4de410c6efb5323.jpg

97610.jpg.aff902d98591fdb957d9c1def7e4337f.jpg

Spring skiing with the boy....he kicked my butt this year.

1271160583.jpg

This is a customer house......I was just speechless!!

019.jpg

018.jpg

017.jpg

016-1.jpg

OMG! I missed this one. It almost rivals Teddy Roosevelt's Sagamore Hill!

Scott