• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The man behind the post...

867 posts in this topic

Just thought I would post a picture of my wife and I. We have been married 28 years and have a son and daughter, both teenagers. We waited 12 years to have children. We live in Clear Lake City, Texas, home of NASA, for 28 years. This picture was taken in December 08 while on a Mexican Cruise.

MexicanVacation.jpg

Jason since you dissed my comment earlier about the new NGC holders. I thought I might show you I'm old and over the hill. Have pity on me Jason. ;)

Jason since you dissed my comment earlier about the new NGC holders. I thought I might show you I'm old and over the hill. Have pity on me Jason. ;)

Eh, you're not that old yet. Compared to some of the dinosaurs on here you still count as a young whippersnapper. :baiting:

No offense intended to the old dinosaurs, of course ;)

Dean, you and your wife look too young to have been married for 28-years. hm

Yeah ,Dean you guys look awfully young for 28 years of marriage. Wife and I celebrated 33 years Saturday. She wanted to go some place expensive, so I took her to a gas station.36_11_6.gif

You guys look great and nice to meet you. (thumbs u

Dean, you and your wife look too young to have been married for 28-years. hm

Yeah ,Dean you guys look awfully young for 28 years of marriage. Wife and I celebrated 33 years Saturday. She wanted to go some place expensive, so I took her to a gas station.36_11_6.gif

You guys look great and nice to meet you. (thumbs u

You're sick Irvin!! lol

I guess I can tell a little bit about myself. I am 29 years old and I live in Arkansas.

I am a machinist by trade.

My great grandfather got me into coins when I was around 4 or 5 years old. He gave my collection a pretty nice jump start with a 1979 mint set (my birthyear), a full set of Unc. jefferson nickels and a mostly full set of VF+ buffalo nickels. I have been hooked ever since.

I have a few other hobbies besides numismatics. My main hobby is vintage Volkswagens, I can often be found tooling around in an old bug or occationaly an old bus. I have just bought my 13th VW, a 1969 Karmann Ghia. This is the hobby that takes most of my finances :D

100_0167.jpg

I have an absolute love for music, I listen to all kinds of music except I don't dable into the country side of music very much. I also love to drive and travel and have been all over the U.S.

Here is one of the most recent pics I have of myself taken at the end of November at the Hard Rock Cafe in San Francisco.

IMG_0328.jpg

Thanks for the compliments Tom. To this day I haven't tried to finish that set, I don't have a list here at work but I do have one at home. I do know that most of the ones that I need are the key dates.

Seeing that VW microbus reminds me of the time we painted a an old one back in 1965 as an art project. The hippie generation was upon us, the rusting vintage microbus was parked over by the High Schools auto shop…while day dreaming out of the window one day, it dawned on us, we gotta paint that bus!

We got approval to have it towed to a safer place on the school grounds, etched an outline in pencil right on the bus and began our creation. It had paisleys, palm trees, surf boards, rainbows and of course, your token 60’s “Peace” symbol.

It turned out fantastic and even made the schools paper. They got it running that next year and used it to haul sports equipment to the shed.

I have some pictures of it somewhere, haven’t seen them in years though…it would take some digging but maybe. I was thinking, if that VW bus was vintage back in 65, think how old that critter would be today.

By now, it has probably dissolved back into the ground.

That is a 1976 Strat , my first real guitar.

Here are my 3 Stratocasters.

Natural - 1976 Strat

Pearl Black– 1993 – Strat Plus

Sunbust – 2006 Eric Johnson

73000.jpg.c67264a658cef7727f990ca75f734d8d.jpg

Those are nice Mark! I used to have a pearl white strat about 25yrs ago.

A good friend of mine in college had a Pearl White Strat - he still has it today but not with the original hardware.

Jason, you look just like your avatar. (thumbs u

Haha, I got it from a thread Woody posted a while back. I noticed the resemblance as well, so I stole the picture. http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2329223#Post2329223

Thanks for y'all's comments about Becca. She's a sweetheart.